Original topic:

Brand new Galaxy Buds Live SM-R180 Pairing but not connecting for audio output

(Topic created on: 12/4/20 11:31 PM)
user2RuIsoIMFY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

So i just bought these hoping to use them for my laptop because of the longer battery life compared to my Airpods.

Tried connecting to my iPhone to test out the audio quality first so I downloaded Galaxybuds app and paired, but iPhone shows no way to play music or anything through them. They say they are connected through the Galaxybuds app and even the settings app. But they just dont appear as an audio output when playing music or making phonecalls. Thought maybe its just an iOS compatability issue so then tried Windows 10 laptop, and can pair successfully, but again cannot connect after pairing is done. Each time I try connecting it fails. They do pair correctly but they just dont allow for playing audio through on both my devices...

I've tried unpairing and pairing again multiple times, checking for any updates on drivers for windows, updating Buds Live through the Galaxybuds app on iOS, but still having issues. The buds themselves can generate sounds as when i tap i do get an audible response, but my devices just wont connect.

Please help, this is brand new out of the box and its really upsetting to know i just spent all this money and they dont work at all. model number is SM-R180, software version is R180XXU0ATI5.
I can provide S/N and such if i can get a reply asap please!

3 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usernD3fV4ZTWA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I'm having a similar problem. My buds live pair and connect to my windows 10 laptop, they are selected as the audio output device, but no sound comes through the earbuds and the laptop speakers stay on.
0 Likes
ShredZIO9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same issue here, unable to connect to the App, unable to select Active Noise Cancellation etc. Isnt that the main USP of the product, i have been waiting since 2 months now for some resolution and there is something wrong with the left ear bud of the buds live.

0 Likes