JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Buds 2 Pro won't go into pairing mode

(Topic created: 08-22-2022 01:13 PM)
thoughts
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds

So I got the new buds 2 pro and for the life of me I cannot get them into pairing mode. They paired up fine first to my phone. But when I put them in my ears and hold both touch pads they only toggle noise cancel / pass through 
7 Replies
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Buds

To pair your Buds you just open the case next to your phone why are you holding both touch pads at the same time?

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
thoughts
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
That's how every pair of buds I've ever had worked. The buds+, buds 2, buds live & buds pro: you would put them in your ears and hold both touch pads then you start to hear a pairing chime

I got these earbuds paired to my Samsung phone and tablet, but I cannot get them paired to my Lenovo windows 11 laptop
0 Likes
SkylerPLayz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I want
0 Likes
Solution
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Buds
Strange I've always just opened the case but just looked it up

Since your trying to pair to a computer also I would try putting your computer into pairing mode also in settings and try the steps again

Place your earbuds in the charging case, and then close the lid. Wait 5-6 seconds, and then open the case.

The earbuds will automatically enter Bluetooth pairing mode.

If they are already paired to another device, insert them into your ears and hold both touchpads for a few seconds until they enter pairing mode.

Follow your device manufacturer's instructions to pair the Galaxy Buds

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
thoughts
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
From the wearable app I was able to factory reset them & that worked. They paired to the computer. Resetting them must have put them into pairing mode when they were not paired to anything.

However the, put them into both ears and hold both touch pads for a few seconds still does not work.
JRMartinez
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Buds
Open case hold down buds until it blinks blue /red
user2DEXwnCBo5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Yep, keeping in the case and pressing the buttons worked.  Went into pairing mode and could connect to my computer.