JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Buds Pro; Google Assistant?

(Topic created: 02-15-2021 02:12 PM)
Mtratchet16
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I just got the Buds Pro, but unfortunately, I don't see any support for the Google Assistant like in previous iterations; only Bixby. Does anyone know if there's a way to enable this, and if not why Samsung made this decision?

6 Replies
Jetster
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yes, its not an issue its just Samsung trying to push Google out of the image, thats why there's Google calender and Samsung calender, Samsung Bixby and Google assistant, etc. So there is sadly no way to fix this. This Samsung v. Google quiet war has been around for a while.
Mtratchet16
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
it's just surprising that they added Google Assistant support over Bixby support with the 1st Gen Buds and now they're removing it again.
0 Likes
Jetster
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yea i used to have the Galaxy S7 Active (the O.G.) and it didn't have Bixby and my Galaxy buds supported google assistant.
0 Likes
Solution
Mtratchet16
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Just updated with a fix, check it out!

**UPDATE: A workaround was found on Reddit. 1. Open Bixby app. 2. Go into task view. 3. Click the Bixby icon. 4. Click App Info. 5. Click "Set as default" or "Defaults". 6. Click "Clear Defaults". 7. Go back to the Wearable app, and to the "Touch and Hold settings." From here, you can choose "Voice Assistant" and it will prompt you to choose between Google and Bixby.

Trey7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Mtratchet16, thanks so much. Your instructions worked perfectly! I'm loving my Galaxy Buds.
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes