cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Buds+ not working with Zoom

I have paired my new Galaxy Buds+ with my computer.  Used Skype and the buds worked fine with a video call. Just had a meeting on Zoom and could not get the Buds to work, had to revert to chorded ear buds.  Also these Galaxy Buds+ will not pair with my Samsung TV.  Am I doing something wrong and if not will this deficiency be rectified?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Buds+ not working with Zoom

Experiencing the same issue via Zoom on laptop. I can hear people fine during calls but the mic isn't working. I've double-checked the mic settings in Zoom and the Galaxy Buds are chosen but it still doesn't work. It works fine when I'm using the Zoom app on my Android, though. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I've got the same problem - Zoom refuses to acknoweldge the paids Buds+ (on Asus ZenBook) - most frustrating - reason why I bought the things in the first place. Is there any sign of a software update or another fix?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same issue! very frustrating. Zoom just refuses to acknowledge the buds+

Asteroid

Same here. Laptop paired but zomm mic does not work at all.

Highlighted
Constellation

did anyone get a reply?? having the same issue

Highlighted
Asteroid

no reply for me and it still doesn't work. I think the problem is a zoom problem
Highlighted
Astronaut

any update on this? just got my buds+ to find this issue. The original goal was to replace my airpods with the buds+. All reviews omit to comment about this issue!!!
Highlighted
Astronaut

my issue is with zoom, kaltura, skype, etc... any app where I want to use the buds+ as headsets.
Highlighted
Astronaut

update: still no fully working.
I open zoom in my laptop and click on the mic ico. I clicked on Test Speaker & Microphone.
first test Speaker
My buds+ appeared as Headset (Galaxy Buds+ (8E85) Hands...
then testing Microphone
same option

Everything looked like this was solving the issue.

I tested it by recording on the cloud a session. I started recording with buds+ as my headset. While talking I could see the little mic was moving rhe gree color to show is on.

However, I went to my zoom account and looked at my recording. No sound recorded, even though a transcript is avaliable.

this has become a bigger mistery to me. I want to return my buds+!