JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 08-19-2021 12:25 PM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
AUC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Experiencing itching ears and skin irritation from my samsung earbuds pro. At first they were fine and I did not realise it until the itching in my ears became constant.
userK52wTDGicz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
  • I have been having a really bad allergic reaction to galaxy buds pro earbuds, first time of use ears started itching and then later on fluid discharges, I didn't think about the earbuds at first but I stopped using it. A week aftery ears have healed I tried using the earbuds again and boy I was surprised and only then that I realised Its the earbuds that have caused the irritation in my ears the first time. After some reading my theory seems to have been proven as it there were several post about it too. Having thought that it might be the silicon tips, I replaced it with a foam tips I bought off of Amazon yet I was still having reactions to it every time I use the device so I thought it may not be the tips but the whole device what ever it is made up off that I'm having a reaction to or the charging point contact. Right now I'm no longer using the device and and using the old wired earphones from my old Samsung device and my ears are just fine. It's a shame to have a costly buds but can't use it. Is there any fix to this.
fungurl2010
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I mean you could sell them for money and I have had that reaction before with the same earbuds
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

I understand how concerning this is. I would like to get this over to our specialty team so they may look into this further for you. Please send a private message with the following information: http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:
Model Code of the earbuds:
Serial number of the earbuds from the bottom of the charging cradle:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Buds

Is Samsung ever going to address the massive amount of people complaining about an allergic reaction to the Buds Pro tips? It's for sure the tips and I traded in an S8+ for the new S21 Ultra and the S8 came with the free $99 set of AKG wired buds and wore those daily for hours on end without issue. Then I get these awesome sounding Buds Pro and can't wear them for even a half hour or else I end up with days of sore, scabbing and leaking ears!

I initally have been under the idea it was a food allergy and was trying to cut certain things out of my diet to figure it out. Then all of a sudden after eating the same thing for 2 days and on the 3rd decided to just reheat what I had left over and all of a sudden I wake up to leaking ears again... it dawned on me the only difference was I wore the Buds which I hadn't used a little while. Do a Google and people everywhere complaining.

So again... will Samsung ever address this issue or does it come down to only having the option to get a refund or sell them and switch to a different manufacturer? It's really sad because I am nothing but impressed with the sound quality and hate to have to either sell them and switch to something else and/or get a refund. Wish Samsung would look into what these tips are made of versus the tips of the AKG's that came with the S8+.

Moosc
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
Got same issue. Plus they don't stay in like my pixel buds do.
0 Likes
userPguNyRBlUD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I been experiencing allergic reaction to the buds pro. I tried cleaning and different size tips.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing and would like to escalate this to our specialized team. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message:  http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

Full Name:
Physical address (including city, state, and zip code):
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Can you please elaborate on the symptoms you are experiencing?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userGBKNiOTDWq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi - heads up you, aren't the only person experiencing this issue despite what Samsung says. Hope you're experience is better than mine but you should be prepared for a long and painful process. I had to submit a claim with the Better Business Bureau. 

Leify
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
That's the only way they will actually contact you, but you likely still get told to pound sand. They don't believe in customer service.