cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Call Volume Too Loud

I have had this problem for the past year and have not found a solution that works. For all I know there isn't one. Essentially, when using my first-generation Galaxy buds in a call on the lowest volume they're still too loud. Sometimes the call will be so loud I find it painful, which I don't think is okay even when the phone is set to the lowest in-call volume setting.

I have played around with sound settings in my phone endlessly to no avail. I have even tried installing third-party apps that manage volume and sound such as the Samsung Sound Assistant, but none of these can reduce the in-call volume below the minimum setting.

I have also had my earbuds replaced twice to see if that will solve the problem, but it has done nothing for me. No matter what, calls are still too loud even at the lowest setting.

All I want to know is if there's some kind of solution that I don't know about, or if this is actually a problem other users have encountered but there is no solution for. I think it's a shame that this has to be a problem considering the galaxy buds are brilliant as a headset, I find it frustrating I can't use them as one more often.

Does anyone have this issue as well??

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Call Volume Too Loud

Not being able to reduce the minimum in-call volume certainly seems like a defect or a poor design decision. I find using my AKG Samsung supplied ear buds painful even at the lowest allowed level. It's very disappointing. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

God I thought I was the only one. I tried factory resetting my phone and all that. Not all calls are too loud, but they're either borderline too loud or just unbearable. Sometimes I take out my buds and use the earpiece instead. Turning on absolute volume in the developer options did nothing to help call volume. All of the fixes I find don't fix the call volume, just the media volume. It's so frustrating... Do most people just, like, put up with it or something? Samsung probably doesn't even know this is an issue

Highlighted
Astronaut

It's really annoying and I can't find a way to fix it. sometimes it's fine but sometimes it's too loud and doesn't go lower. does anyone have any idea?