cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Call quality for others is muffled with Galaxy Buds Plus

I bought new Galaxy Buds Plus about a month ago. For the first month, call quality for myself and for others hearing me was fine (on Slack via desktop computer and on my Phone app on my Galaxy phone). As of two days ago, I'm getting reports that I sound like i'm muffled, on speakerphone, or underwater. I've tried everything I can think of:

• Unpaired/repaired buds to all devices
  • Checked for firmware updates for Buds (i was up to date)
  • Cleaned buds thoroughly
  • Adjusted wingtip/in-ear piece to the next size up to increase ear seal
  • Reset my buds
  • Turned ambient mode on/off

Nothing has worked. Does anyone have any ideas for how i can make my sound quality to others on all devices good? I used to get rave responses to it. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Call quality for others is muffled with Galaxy Buds Plus

I'm facing the same issue here. But I started facing this problem from day 1. It was very rare, but now, it happens almost on every call I make, sometimes from the beginning, and other times after a minute of the call.

It's really frustrating me as I bought them especially for calls, I'm not a music person.

I really hope Samsung can provide a solution for this. Otherwise, it's a real waste of money. If I knew it, I would've bought a different brand.

I noticed that @SamsungAdam once offered a support call/message. I hope we receive the right help for this.

Highlighted
Constellation

I ended up submitting it for a warranty request and they replaced the unit. I'd definitely recommend trying that if you're still struggling with it. Not the ideal solution beause it definitely implies that there are issues with the buds, but it's the best I can do since I'm out of the retailer's return window. Best of luck.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there! @userfpcor4qVCg

I would be happy to look into your concerns.

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.