cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Callers complain of occasional tapping noise during phone call

In the past couple of days, callers tell me they hear an occasional tapping noise during the phone call.  It starts and stops randomly and only the person I am talking to can hear the sound.  I don't hear it at all.

I am on software version R170XXU0ATA2 and paired with a Galaxy S10e.  Both devices have current software.  I've tried resetting the Galaxy Buds and both of them have never had less than a 50% charge.

Since I use these as my primary work devices for calls, it's important that there aren't any issues when I'm on the phone.  Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Callers complain of occasional tapping noise during phone call

Hi @userOcmoYvgWfA 

So there are a few things that I would try to resolve the issue. First I recommend to "reset network settings" on your device, then check if it still happens.

Also, I would reboot the device into "Safe Mode" and see if the issue persists. Lastly, I would try a different set of headphones.

Hope this bit of info helps in any way. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I did the reboot of the device in safe mode and it worked briefly but now users are complaining of noise again.  Is there a more lasting option available?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Regrettably, if the noise is not present while the phone is in Safe Mode, there is a 3rd party app causing the noise. To resolve the issue you would need to uninstall the most recently installed apps until you determine which app is causing the issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I've uninstalled the last apps I installed and went back farther than when the problem occurred.  I also got the last update installed.  Unfortunately callers are still hearing the static/tapping noise.  It began about a day or so before I posted this originally so it is an issue that began just recently.