cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Can I use my galaxy buds as a mic for my videos

Hi there. 

I'm trying to record as YouTube video and want to know how do I use my galaxy buds to act as the microphone 

I'm using Samsung s10 galaxy and my buds are the galaxy buds not the plus. 

Could some assist me. 

Thanks 

Brandon 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Can I use my galaxy buds as a mic for my videos

Hey @user7kkFonthqn You still should be able to use your Galaxy Bud's internal Mic while recording videos. You will want to make sure that you're in quiet areas for the best audio quality. However if you're doing Vlogs while outside; you'll want to do test recordings to see how much of background noises are being picked up by the internal Mic of the Galaxy Buds.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi there @d_spi . Could you provide me with some screen shots or  method to get the internal mic on in the camera . Cause I been trying to record and it keeps using the phone's mics

I even installed the buds and it still does not work. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@user7kkFonthqn wrote:

Hi there @d_spi . Could you provide me with some screen shots or  method to get the internal mic on in the camera . Cause I been trying to record and it keeps using the phone's mics

I even installed the buds and it still does not work. 

@user7kkFonthqn Unfortunately I am not using galaxy buds at the time to be able to provide a screenshot on how this is achieved. 

So when the buds are out of their case can connected to your S10 the audio doesn't switch from the internal mic of your device to your Galaxy Buds? 

Highlighted
Constellation

@d_spi  it does switch to audio and the mic works when I'm on or when I'm in Skype. But some reason it doesn't switch when I'm in the camera mode/video mode 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@user7kkFonthqn From what I've seen looking into the this scenario; the Galaxy Buds seek to work with various apps while using the Mic, and I think rhe Galaxy Buds+ addresses that issue with having that feature via a software update. 

Highlighted
Constellation

@d_spi I see. I updated dated to the latest android during April. And I find it to bugging at the moment.. do you think the current android update disable the mic ?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@user7kkFonthqn perhaps because to my knowledge you could still record while using the internal Mic of the Galaxy Buds.