Original topic:

Can't install Galaxy Buds Manager on my Mac

(Topic created on: 3/22/21 12:52 PM)
user0EJ8Fu9Prc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello,

I've got Mac a couple of weeks ago, and I'm trying to install Galaxy Buds Manager for my Galaxy Buds+ from:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/galaxy-buds-plus 

On the last step of the installation process, I get an error: The installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I tried on my friend's Mac - I get the same error. Both of us are using MacOS Big Sur.

In the installer log, I get multiple  errors, like this one :

PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “GalaxyBudsManager.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./preinstall, NSURL=file:///Users/****/Downloads/GalaxyBudsManager.pkg#contents.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.SAMSUNG.galaxybudsmanager.Contents.pkg, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “GalaxyBudsManager.pkg”.} {
NSFilePath = "./preinstall";
NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cGalaxyBudsManager.pkg\U201d.";
NSURL = "file:///Users/milenpantic/Downloads/GalaxyBudsManager.pkg#contents.pkg";
PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.SAMSUNG.galaxybudsmanager.Contents.pkg";
}

Thanks all in advance!

0 Likes
5 Replies
userBV9ptX2PRy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 12.31.40 PM.pngI'm having the same issue - do you have all USB-C ports? I noticed on the download requirements that the laptop you download it on it says you have to have at least one USB 2.0 port. I wonder if that's the hangup? Or maybe it's just not compatible with Big Sur :\ Hopefully this gets solved soon!

0 Likes
lauksas
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same issue on MacOs Big Sur 11.1.

Frustrating...

About the USB 2.0 port requirement, I even tried to add an old USB hub 2.0 and got the ports listed in the system report, but no luck, installation still doesn't work. The problem is something else.

@userBV9ptX2PRy wrote:

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 12.31.40 PM.pngI'm having the same issue - do you have all USB-C ports? I noticed on the download requirements that the laptop you download it on it says you have to have at least one USB 2.0 port. I wonder if that's the hangup? Or maybe it's just not compatible with Big Sur :\ Hopefully this gets solved soon!

0 Likes
user0kiDejX48Q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same issue on my M1 Macbook Pro.  Maybe the software isn't compatible with Apple Silicon yet?

0 Likes
userTWVdOlO1Ge
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same issue.

0 Likes
userTWVdOlO1Ge
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Here's what I did.

1) Take the GalaxyBudsManager.pkg download and copy it someplace
2) Launch the terminal and navigate to that folder
3) Run xar -xf GalaxyBudsManager.pkg
4) cd contents.pkg
5) mv Payload Payload.gz
6) gunzip Payload.gz
7) cpio -idv < Payload
You now have an Applications folder with the contents of the package.

8)  sudo cp -R Applications/GalaxyBudsManager.app  /Applications

Launch the app. The in-app update should work for you.

0 Likes