Original topic:

Default assistant for Buds pro

(Topic created: 05-26-2022 09:40 AM)
Mtalley33
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
It seems as though in a recent update, the option for google assistant has been removed from selection in regards to the touch and hold command for my galaxy buds pro, and now the only option is bixby. 

Any way this can be changed back?
8 Replies
communityuser21248
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Not at the current time.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with Bixby being the only option for a default assistant after the update on your Galaxy buds pro. I would first recommend to make sure Bixby is not set as your default app on your phone. Go to settings > apps > tap on Bixby> then tap on set as default and clear the default.

Next, I would give the steps in this link a try, even though you aren't setting up your assistant for SmartThings, this link will walk you through the process of selecting the proper default assistant for your buds pro: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083615/

0 Likes
Mtalley33
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
I do have Google assistant as my default for the phone, but in the WEAR app, the option for touch and hold is no longer "voice command." Rather, it only has Bixby
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for that information. I would recommend force stopping and clearing the cache on your Galaxy wearables app. Clearing the cache simply clears temporary files. It won't erase login credentials, downloaded files, or custom settings.

Next step, would be to uninstall and reinstall the Galaxy wearables app. This will allow for a fresh copy with the latest software available for your buds to be installed on your device.

0 Likes
Mtalley33
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
I have now done so, but it still unfortunately just says Bixby, not "voice command"
0 Likes
Mtalley33
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Update, I disabled bixby the app itself and now it works!
Ellin
Sun
Options
Galaxy Buds
I have the plus,live, and pros and they all work with Google assistant, green 6 what I remember, as long as you have it as your default on your phone it will also be on your buds.
0 Likes
Ellin
Sun
Options
Galaxy Buds
Green 6, obviously a typo, sorry
0 Likes