cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: E-Certificate Question and Answers for Galaxy buds

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For anyone who already receive this gift certificate and anyone has any info about this, how soon do they email gift code after the phone has been delivered? 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

According to this thread it will be emailed 15 days after the phone is recieved

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Samsung-shop-130-e-certificate/m-p/495161 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone received their gift certificate yet? My S10+ just came in the mail today, but there's no slip with a code, no email with it attached or anything. Did they distribute these yet?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there! You're E-Certificate should be emailed to the billing email address on file in 15 calendar days.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome, thank you!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I need help with an issue. I placed a pre-order for a Samsung S10+ on samsung.com at 11:14pm. All of the promotional offers stated that if it was placed by 3/7 I would be receiving the $130 gift card for pre-ordering because the buds were not available. Nothing in any of the terms and conditions state anything about a time zone. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-s10/offers/redemption/

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-s10/offers/frequently-asked-questions/

http://promos.samsung.com/terms/

(Note the FAQ page mentions ET for redeeming the offer through 4/4. But no mention of time zone for the initial purchase.)

When I started to attempt the order around 8pm MST we were looking at different promotions and before I finalized I shopped around and found that the deal through Samsung.com was the best. I clicked submit and it stated it was unable to complete, try again. So I attempted several times and then tried to re-do the entire process with no luck. I tried to call support but the hold times were ungodly and after waiting 20 minutes I gave up. I kept trying to submit until finally after 11pm I was able to submit and pre-order. But now, my promotion for the gift card was missing! My order literally says order placed March 7, 2019, but when I contact support they refuse to help me. The first chat agent even refused to escalate my issue to a supervisor until I asked for her agent information.

My issue is due to a technical glitch in the system and I was unable to complete my order by the arbitrary deadline they state. Even after showing that my order page says March 7, that none of the terms and conditions or offer details make any mention of time zone. What is most frustrating is had I known I wasn't eligible because of this technicality I could have still pre-ordered elsewhere and received the offer because their systems were most likely still working and I would have had a receipt that showed the phone was purchased before their suprise midnight ET deadline.

Is there anyone that can offer a solution to this issue? The phone has not shipped as of yet and I am ready to cancel if someone knows of an offer that is close to this one. The primary reason for even upgrading at this point was because of the additional offer. Without it, the deal isn't really there for me.

The supervisor, if that is who I am actually speaking to, also is not willing to assist me.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I preordered the Gs10+ 512gb on Feb 27. I received the devices on March 6th. It has been 15 days since I received it, and i still have not heard anything in regards to the ecertificate.

According to their FAQ, I have to open the Samsung shop app, go to my Inbox and open the earbuds offer.

When i do that, I get an error saying that my device does not qualify for the promotion.

Anyone else having g the same issue or know what going on? 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, have you checked the email you have as your billing email address for the certificate?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So it's been 15 days since first deliveries came in (on the 6th), can somebody who got their phone on that day confirm they got their $130 certificate? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I still haven't got it. It's a shame that Samsung creates a process that complicated. Good luck competing with Apple.