JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 06-17-2021 06:46 PM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
PiecesofReese
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
Sure but I'm sure the first few to report the issue were brushed off until someone at least made a stern threat to report them
0 Likes
useriYuEkBmC8u
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Possibly.

0 Likes
beckyjvoigt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I've had the same problem. I got it from using ear buds and it never went away. My dr had to give me prescription lotion and antibiotic ear drops which I still have to use to this day. This started 13 years ago.
0 Likes
SURFNUT19
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Go to your doctor for medical help. Ask your doctor to refer you to a ENT (ear, nose, throat) doctor. Sounds like, either your ear canal is to small for the size ear piece your using, you are installing them wrong or you are having a localized allergic reaction to the silicone material.
0 Likes
useriYuEkBmC8u
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Yes I have booked myself in for an appointment. I am installing them as instructed. When I have them in it almost feels like I am being electrocuted especially at a certain pinpoint. 

0 Likes
MVBinRTP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
I'm having sort of the same problem. My buds Pro are difficult to seat properly It takes me many tries to get it right. I usually have to do it in front of a mirror to get it right the first time. If I don't have a mirror handy when I put them in, I end up fiddling and reseating them constantly which has led to irritation of my ear canals.

Honestly I think the shape of the buds Pro is over-engineered and a bit too clever for their own good. I'm sure that the design intent was for insertion to be intuitive, but I'm having trouble getting the hang of it.
The biggest flaw IMO is the oval tips. I assume they were trying to better mimic the shape of the human ear canal opening, but practical effect is that when you try to rotate the buds for a better fit, the long axis of the tips ends up rubbing the skin raw.
0 Likes
useriYuEkBmC8u
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

100% agree! You are supposed to wear them with the L and R letters facing towards you but when in that way it is still uncomfortable.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey, just wanted to touch base. Are you still needing further assistance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. If you're experiencing this or similar symptoms please reach out to our support team directly: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo 

Can you please provide us with the following information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number from the bottom of the charging cradle:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
eric_50
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
I also seem to be experiencing the inflammation symptoms reported by others after wearing the bud pros for any amount of time.

I have made a few attempts to clean the ear tips initially thinking maybe the ear tips has some residue or something from manufacturing that was causing irritation. I stopped using the buds for about a month and my ears stopped itching and being what I would describe as inflamed.

I have since tried using them again, and the symptoms are slowly returning.

Has anyone has any success resolving this issue?
Any suggestions for receiving some assistance from samsung?

My symptoms are itchy ears, fluid like discharge that may be excessive wax production. This has been isolated to only occur after wearing these ear buds.

Thanks for any help!

-Eric