cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Earbud Warranty Refusal

I had an issue with the right earbud piece. I contacted Samsung support through the phone. The buds were purchased through Amazon and SOLD BY AMAZON, which is listed on on your authorized resellers samsung.com/us/peaceofmind/authorized_resellers.html . The operator obtained all my details and agreed to have it fixed. 

A week after, I got an e-mail saying that the buds were out of warranty. I called Samsung repair center and was told that I needed to pay to have them fixed. I explain my problem, but they seem not to care, and told me that my information was innacurate and  that amazon was not an authorized reseller, that either I had to pay or they would cancel my ticket. 

The receipt states that they are under warranty, yet, you refused to honor the warranty...

ibb.co/JpHWQDv

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Earbud Warranty Refusal

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your ticket number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

Did you happen to send both buds and their original case into the repair center? I ask as when my R bud went out l only sent the bad bud and case. I had to wait for Samsung to send back so I could send both buds. I was happy as when I did as asked. They replaced the set and rather quickly. The whole process took about 10 days total. I have come to like Samsung more due to the customer service. I did make my purchase st Target whose warranty service is horrible.
Astronaut

This is the exact same rude awakening I got.  I purchased my earbuds through Amazon and after several months of very infrequent use the right earbud quit working.  I sent them in for repair only to find out my warranty (which was within the year) was changed to Not Under Warranty because they were damaged.  I was annoyed because I knew they were not damaged!  After numerous phone calls and getting tranfered to various people and getting the call dropped multiple times which totaled close to 8 hours of my time over a couple different days I found out because they were bought on Amazon it was considered an International Model and THAT is why the warranty was null and void!  So therefore their warranty only works if it is bought through Samsung in this country or purchased at a store in this country. 

Fun facts no one tells us when we purchase things off of Amazon.  WHY?  

However, I contacted the seller on Amazon and explained the whole story I was issued a return label to send back to Amazon & I am supposed to get my money back which was $142.99.  Bought April 8 2020.

I really liked these earbuds in the beginning when they worked and wish they did not have this issue everyone complains of with one earbud stopping within a short time.  I question if I want to buy another set even if I order them directly through Samsung.   I am disheartened.  Smiley Sad