cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Earbud warranty is a joke

My galaxy earbuds stopped charging for no particular reason after 6 months of use. I'm supposed to have a 1 year warranty. After spending a half hour with customer support, I was finally told I could mail in the earbuds and a lable would be provided. The label was never provided. I reached out to customer support again, asking for the label and providing my previous ticket number so all information should be available to them. 

I am now going round and round with them again troubleshooting the ear buds and not being provided with the label. We've already gone through trouble shooting. We know what the problem is and, more importantly, what it is not. 

Looks like the warranty doesn't actually exist. 

Incredibly bad customer support. 

I don't typically use Samsung products and I suppose this will be the last time.

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Earbud warranty is a joke

@user4LboQroKtt do you have the ticket number to post here in case someone from the team is reading?

I would encourage you to work with the support team on troubleshooting just to make sure it's not something else. A warranty exchange can take some time.

What troubleshooting have you tried already? From the Samsung site:

• Before using the earbuds for the first time, or if they have not been used for an extended period of time, you should charge them fully. The earbuds will power on when they are charging. Or, you could charge them for at least 10 minutes prior to use.
  • When charging, be sure to use the included USB cable and a Samsung-approved wall adapter (sold separately). Alternatively, the earbuds are compatible with select Samsung QI-compatible wireless charging pads or phones using PowerShare.
  • Keep in mind, the earbuds may not charge or properly charge if the earbud tips or wingtips are not attached correctly.
  • The location of the flashing red light indicates if the earbuds or the charging case are not charging correctly. If external power is cut off, the red light will flash. If the indicator lights are not functioning, try disconnecting and then reconnecting the charger from the case. Then, charge the case for at least 10 minutes.
  • Inspect the charger and case for damage if the earbuds or case are still not charging. Damaged earbuds will not charge. However, if one earbud is damaged, the other earbud will continue to charge.

If the charging case or the earbud(s) will not charge after troubleshooting, and the earbuds, charger, or wall adapter aren't damaged, service is required. 

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes I have tried all of

that trouble shooting multiple times. I am now on round 3 of coordinating with customer support.  It's pretty evident they have no intention of honoring the warranty despite the earbuds not working after three months. I will never purchase another Samsung product. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your ticket number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I hve sent a private message with the ticket number as well as the complete history. I tried to resume a chat with a customer service representative but was not able to type, could only use auto responses which weren't helpful. This is my third time trying to get this resolved. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I sent a private message to the link above three weeks ago and never received a response. 

Just posting here to document the insanity of Samsung's customer service for other people's benefit. DO you yourself a favor and don't buy Samsung products.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Did you still need help with your issue?

Highlighted
Asteroid

yes

Highlighted
Constellation

I am so incredibly irritated with Samsung earbuds and feeling like I should have gone with Apple. The left earbud stopped working and stopped working in 8 mos. I called Samsung and stayed on the line for a long while, did the troubleshooting just to determine they're not working. I was told I'd be provided a box to send them back which never happened. I am calling once again to try to make good on the warranty before it's over 8/27/20. I just either want these fixed or a replacement pair.
Highlighted
Constellation

I feel your pain...... I got a prompt in my app to update the software on the buds, after I did that they no longer stayed connected to bluetooth.

I had nearly a dozen converstaions with different reps on the phone and webchat. What a horrid process. When they finally issued me an RMA, the shipping information was wrong. When I called them back they told me they couldn't fix it and to call and talk to UPS... well UPS told me that they couldn't do anything and Samsung needed to issue me another label. So I called Samsung back and they informed they they couldn't change it in their system and I should contact my local UPS when they send it out for delivery and tell them to make sure it comes to the right address. Yeah...................

I drove 30 miles to get to the nearest UPS drop off store, only to find out that my label that Samsung had given me was no longer valid. I had to go back the next day after calling Samsung yet again and get a new label. Yes, your math is correct, I drove 120 MILES just to freaking send this back to Samsung.

I just got my return in the mail and I'd utterly disgusted. They could not fix my earbuds so they sent me refurbished ones instead. I don't care if they 'sanitized them', I work for a medical device company and I know how well they clean returned devices (give you a hint... they just wipe down the outside with a little microcide cleaner). Shame on Samsung for redistributing product that was INSIDE another persons body cavity. 

The amount of time I spent trying to deal with Samsungs ridiculous customer service..... DRIVING 120 MILES TO DROP THIS PACKAGE OFF..... receiving a pair of refurbished earbuds for my troubles..... just the final slap in the face for me.