JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy bud series case is not charging.

(Topic created: 03-03-2020 07:25 AM)
user8sdaoY5xFp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

no light is coming. and none of the buds are charging. tried through cable and wireless powershare. still not working.

129 Replies
userP6SUvdhwsA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

This thread is a bit old, but i've recently ran into the same issue.

My Galaxy bud case is always discharging, and eventually discharges the buds inside. After placing the buds inside the case, the charging light remains on, until the buds and case dies.

I'ved tried to reset the buds and it did not work. This only started after updating to the latest software R170XXU0ATA2.

0 Likes
user6CkcmJFf1F
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have a similar issue. My case doesn't charge the buds on its own. The case itself seems to charge fine and the green case charge indicator turns off when unplugged, but the bud charge indicator doesn't turn on ever. The buds do seem to charge when the case is physically plugged in or is charging wirelessly (though the bud charge indicator still does not turn on). I am using software version R170XXU0ATA2. Resetting the buds did not work. I have had these for less than a year.

Has anyone found an actual solution? Is it a software issue?

@SamsungAdam @MrZell @SamsungJam @SamsungKim1 @knightsurgeon @MrLarry @SamsungJoJo 

0 Likes
Allanrive12
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I'm having the same issue with my buds. The case charges the buds only when the case is physically connected. Is there a solution to this issue? 

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey I would like to take a look into this issue for you. Have you tried any of these troubleshooting steps? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01206422/#galaxy-buds-and-gear-iconx-do-not-ch...

0 Likes
Allanrive12
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Yes. Unfortunately, the troubleshooting didn't work. The buds only start charging when the cradle is physically connected to the wall adapter. The light on the case stays green all the time.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model Number
  • Serial Number
0 Likes
CrayvenCorp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same exact problem. Green light stays on forever, buds won't charge unless the battery is physically connected to a wall charger. The 'troubleshooting' at the link above is not relevant, as the unit is not damaged. In fact, it's less than a year old and lives in one place all the time. It is unfortunate because these were so expensive, you would think you'd get more than a year of use before they fail. 

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

@userfxDdF1IRVQ Please send a private message with the model code, the serial number, and a copy of the proof of purchase. I will be happy to see what options are available. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
mia_dccxiii
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same issue here. Just bought my buds in February from best buy. The case light stays green forever, but doesn't charge the buds. When I put the buds in the case, the inside indicator stays green as if the buds are fully charged, but they just continue to die in the case. Buds will only charge when the case is connected to the charger.

They were working fine a 2 days ago. Is there any fix? 

0 Likes
usersn3eCsKCHz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

My galaxy buds case will not charge when plugged in or wirelessly. They charge when in the case but the case will not charge. 

0 Likes