cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Bud+ not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got brand new Buds+ from my S20 Ultra pre-order, just tried setting them up but the right one seems dead.

No sound from it & doesn't connect to the phone. Tried pressing & holding the bud for 3s & it makes a beep but still doesn't connect.

I pop it in the charging case & the case stays green, however, if i take the left bud out & pop it back in the case, the light on the case goes red for charging. 

Any ideas folk?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Bud+ not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've just tried pairing the buds with my Galaxy Tab S5, worked no problem.

So paired with my Tab & updated the software, working no problem on my phone now. 

Thanks for replies guys

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello user4CrPu4sL5k?

Glad to hear you got the new Buds+ I have the last version and loved them.  Hopefully, we can help you, By any chance have you fully charged the headphones completely to 100% and have you downloaded the galaxy wearable app? The app will show you battery, connection, and check to see if your Buds+ are up to date. Hopefully this helps.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the response.

I've got the app, as I've used the first gen buds since release as well as the galaxy watch. The app shows a software update available but asks me to connect to both ear buds to complete it, which i cant do annoyingly.

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey user4CrPu4sL5k,

I know that's annoying I dealt with that myself about a month ago but it's beneficial! When you have the chance charge completely, update the buds, and do a reset on the buds through the app just to give it a refresh. 

Wearable App

About earbuds>Reset Earbuds>Reset

After that your buds+ should be good to go.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The case was fully charged over night before use & before setting up. 

Resetting the headset in the app appears to just delete the bluetooth connection, I've already tried that. Thanks

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I order my galaxy buds + from amazon, and the same thing happens to me. The right one came dead, but I left it in the case for about 20 minutes and it worked perfectly fine with the charge.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've just tried pairing the buds with my Galaxy Tab S5, worked no problem.

So paired with my Tab & updated the software, working no problem on my phone now. 

Thanks for replies guys

View solution in original post