Original topic:

Galaxy Buds 2 material

(Topic created: 08-28-2021 10:44 AM)
Chris19798
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Does anyone know if the Galaxy Buds 2 tips or battery charge connections are similar or the same as that of the Buds Pro? I had to return my Buds Pro, 2 months later and still no refund from Samsung, because it caused a bad reaction to my skin in my inner ear. Pussed up and burns when used for more than 20 minutes. I had to have my Dr. give me some cream and we determined it only happened after wearing the Buds Pro. This looks to be a known issue for some people **bleep** thousands of posts talk a about it.

I want to get the Buds 2 if they don't suffer from the same issue. 
11 Replies
useriSZHNjZR4B
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I've also had the same allergic reaction to both pros and two unfortunately. My guess is they use the same materials which could be causing this issue

RayRayy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I asked my case manager today. They emailed yesterday about a refund and I was like.....ummm was there something wrong with just that pair or what? Or do I need the Buds 2?

I'd wear my Buds+ 8a to 3p daily with no issues
0 Likes
Samsung_7nuZImR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I've owned the Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds Live, Galaxy Buds+, Galaxy Buds Pro, and now the Galaxy Buds 2.  I'm allergic to both the Galaxy Buds Pro and Galaxy Buds 2 plastic.   I first noticed the allergy after purchasing the Galaxy Buds Pro. Thinking the issue would be remedied with the Galaxy Buds 2 I purchased a pair along with the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. After wearing the Galaxy Buds 2 for just one hour my ear canals started itching/burning followed by becoming wet and inflamed.  The inflammation and dampness is followed shortly by painful dry flakey canals that can take two or more weeks to clear up.  I do not believe the problem is with the bud tips as I have tried the tips from buds that did not cause an allergic reaction and yet the allergy reoccurred.  I believe the plastic casing to the earbuds is the culprit.  Perhaps one day when my ears have healed up, I will try wrapping the buds in cling-film and inserting in the ear to see if an allergy ensues as a test.

RayRayy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Wow that's kind of upsetting to hear. When I filed a claim on my Pros they got so serious asking what I wanted and like, I just want to use the **bleep** earbuds 😩

But I guess I'll just have to pick up a pair of Buds+ again
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing and would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with your full model number and the serial number on the bottom of the Galaxy buds 2 charging case in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Jdub417
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
I also took a chance with the Buds 2 and had the same reaction as I did with the pro. At least now I'm not the only one who also suspect it's not the tips.
0 Likes
Jdub417
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
I tested your theory. So far no irritation.
I bought replacement tips and they have never been inside the case.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing and would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with your full model number and the serial number on the bottom of the Galaxy buds 2 charging case in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKYsJKnuzi9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Had to get prescription antibiotic drops for the galaxy buds pro, was able to return but still waiting for my refund.  Have used various wireless and wired headphones since (and before) including the galaxy buds+ with no issues, then tried the new galaxy buds 2 and within an hour my ears started weeping again.  I kept noise cancellation off as i was suspicious that might be the cause as i know the airpods pro also are known to have a similar issue.

0 Likes