JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Live - Choose a Voice Service: always prompted

(Topic created: 10-31-2020 03:10 PM)
Jlorenzatti
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have a Galaxy 10 and just recently purchased the Galaxy Buds Live.

When I tap and hold the buds to enact the voice service option, I am constantly asked to choose a voice service.  No matter which service I pick and say "always", I am prompted each time.

Looking for a solution.

12 Replies
Solution
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey there!

I understand that you are trying to set your default voice service for your galaxy buds.

Have you already went to the voice service application and cleared the defaults? 

Settings>Apps>Voice Assistant and clear defaults and next time you use your buds press and hold to select your default Voice service

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Jlorenzatti
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Unfortunately there is no voice assistant app setting where you describe.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

If you go to settings > apps > tap the 3 dots in the top right corner > tap on show system apps > and then follow the previous troubleshooting steps

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Jlorenzatti
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Unfortunately I do not see that even with "Show system apps" enabled.

Is there a way to download/install it considering it is not there?

NOTE: I work in I.T. so I'm very tech-savvy! 🙂

Screenshot_20201102-115841_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

When it asks you to choose a voice service, does it provide you with options to select?

0 Likes
Jlorenzatti
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

yes. no matter which option I choose it keeps asking each time which service I want to use.

Even with the buds app/ Samsung wear uninstalled it still prompts.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

When you click on the app you want to select, do you click on always or just once?

0 Likes
Jlorenzatti
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I've done both. Usually choose "always"

0 Likes
Jlorenzatti
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Is it possible to view which program/system service is prompting?

0 Likes