cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Buds Live Horrible Bluetooth Interference

My new Buds Live only work well with my Note 10. Every other device it connects to via Bluetooth sounds choppy, metallic, and drops. I've contacted tech support, was not helped in slightest, and after resetting and repairing with every other device, was told they were covered under warranty. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm super disappointed and kicking myself for buying these things too early.... 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Galaxy Buds Live Horrible Bluetooth Interference

@user7NthajGCXp I've not had this issue! Sorry to hear you are, friend.

Have you tried the guide here? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111318/
If Samsung is offering an exchange I'd take them up on that!

--

Please click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. Click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.
Highlighted
Constellation

Buds live sounds metallic on iMac computer

My new buds live synched easily with my iphone and iMac.

I updated the firmware and when they are charged they sometimes have sound issue during phone calls/ video meetings (Zoom, Google Meet, ....)

The sound issue can be described as metallic sounding with interference. It comes and goes even if there is not change in my setup and my erbuds are less than 2 feet away from the computera.

Note : the galaxy bud manager app for mac cannot connect to the buds live

Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Buds live sounds metallic on iMac computer

@user2JVBXuoxco 

Areyou just connecting these over Bluetooth? Before doing so you might use the Samsung Wearables app to change the EQ on them. As well, try disconnecting from any secondary device at the same time.

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks John. 
I used my iPhone app to set up EQ and options and the. Connected to only my iMac via Bluetooth while disconnecting the iphone Bluetooth. 
iPhone Bluetooth on or off the issue happens 15% or the time. 

Highlighted
Supernova

@user2JVBXuoxco you may need to contact the Samsung team in this case for support:

Inside the US? --> https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Outside the US? --> https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Constellation

These things are absolutely atrocious. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8, and unless I'm holding the phone less than 18 inches from my head, they're unusable. on my desk is fine. As soon as they go anywhere near my pocket oh, I get that metallic interference and they disconnect left right left right.

what is interesting is that when I first bought them, they were fine. One of the 2 recent software updates caused them to become really unstable.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for reaching out. If troubleshooting is not helpful, service would be recommended. Please send a private message with the full model code and the serial number of the earbuds from the bottom of the charging cradle. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same problem...any distance more than a foot causes the connection to drop. I think this must be a Bluetooth backward compatibility issue in BT-5. The sound is good though when it is connected and the volume can be cranked up. My phone is BT-4 and it works fine with all my other wireless buds. Another issue is that when I connect to my other phone (Samsung S8), the connection is fine but the sound volume won't go up to about half of what the other phone does. I have reset, rebooted and checked all the volume parameters and the phone is at top volume. The S8 works fine with my other wireless buds. The 2 issues need to be addressed by Samsung quickly before they lose a large number of clients.

Highlighted
Constellation

I received this reply: "Thank you for this information. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry. " 

Even though I am American living in Switzerland where the support is only in German which I don't speak, I understand the nature of support being local. However, I would have thought that this issue would be of interest to any support team as it shows that it is not just a local issue but a global one and would give more impetus and urgency to finding a solution.