cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Buds Live - Left Doesn't Connect

I set up my Galaxy Buds Live today. At some point the left earbud would not connect when opening the case.

Tried:
Restarting bluetooth
Rebooting phone
Clearing data of Galaxy Wearables app
Deleting Galaxy Buds Live app that installs during initial setup
Resetting buds and setting them up again
Resetting buds and setting them up on a different phone
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Buds Live - Left Doesn't Connect

I have the problem of my galaxy live, the left side is disconet at all times. I already reset it and it still the same
Highlighted
Astronaut

i have the same problem except it is my right bud that will not connect, have had it charging for hours and still no avail.
Reset on phone
Attempted to update but cannot do so due to right not connecting.
Updated app to latest
Reset Bluetooth on phone
Tried tapping right ear piece to wakr it up.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Galaxy Buds Live - Left Doesn't Connect

mine did the exact same thing!i followed every troubleshooting step and still didnt work. only used a handful of times,i contacted Samsung technical support and they had me ship them in for "service" well i received an email last night that they are being sent back and were not repaired..... doesnt say why or any details. been trying to contact them over the phone and its a nightmare on hold for 45 minutes and still no one answers so waiting to get a call back... very disappointed, my prior buds that i still own and use work like they are suppose to. fingers crossed that this gets resolved
Highlighted
Asteroid

This was happening to Galaxy Buds last year when a software update was performed on one bud and not the other. the only fix they had last year was too exchange the headset for another pair. I don't know if that's the same issue here, I wasn't blessed with the new headset. But if that IS the case, make sure in the future both buds are in your ear for software updates.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there!

I would be happy to look into your concerns.

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Oddly enough mine started working the other morning. I left them charging overnight, and at first the left still wouldn't connect, but then it randomly did and seems okay since then
Highlighted

I'm having this exact same issue. I received them yesterday and this happened within hours after owning them, after 30 minutes of use. I'm contacting customer service tomorrow.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try resetting the buds and resetting the network.  If that doesn't work, service would be the next step.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having this problem, multiple times. The left earbud stops connecting. Each time it happens I go through the process of resetting the earbuds. The reset process has worked multiple times. This last time I've tried resetting 10 times and it will not reconnect. 

I've also tried this process without success:

1. Disconnect the buds using reset and shutting of Bluetooth.

1. Make sure to turn off all Bluetooth devices the buds could connect to.

2. Place both buds in the case.

3. Hold down the buds in the case for 20 seconds

4. the light on the inside should blink red.

1. if it does not, 20 seconds have not gone by

5. close the case

6. open the case

7. reconnect to phone

S8, Buds Live, Chromebook Pro