JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds series volume is low

(Topic created: 02-03-2021 05:20 AM)
user2C9IYRCqAq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have galaxy buds 33AA and they were working fine till yesterday. I tried unpairing and pairing them again. Tried increasing the bud volume and it's to the max level. Increased the media volume and nothing ..found one solution online in developers option and diasbled absolute volume sync and still nothing. I don't have audio media sync in the blutooth advance setting so that's not an option. My phone is Galaxy S10+

1,416 Replies
MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the Jabra Link 360 and the Jabra Link 380. The Link 360 is Bluetooth 3.0. The 370 is Bluetooth 4.2, and the Link 380 is Bluetooth 5.0. I paired the Galaxy Buds Live with the Link 380 using the Jabra Direct software. The mic volume when using the Link 380 as the recording device is pretty normal and sounds OK. My problem is that playback when used with the Link 380 is poor. There is a significant difference in the playback quality when paired with the built in Bluetooth 5.0 in my laptop.

I cannot use the Headphone profile with the laptop bluetooth for listening and the Link 380 device for recording. It doesn't work to have the buds connected to two bluetooth receivers at the same time.

So it's very ackward to switch back and forth between using the laptop bluetooth for listening to music or watching videos and then switch to the Link 380 to do meetings or calls.

You can tell it's not a hardware issue. It's a firmware/codec issue.

0 Likes
userXQdxd9hv02
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Just received my buds live today.

Exactly the same issue in Windows 10.

They're going straight back, I wish I'd have seen this thread before now.

If I was a betting man, I'd say this is a know issue, but hey Samsung decided to release them any way.  There's probably a jira ticket being avoided right now.

What is it with tech companies releasing half baked products these days, you're alienating your customers.

usertgxDYsXAih
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same issue here. 
It is unbelievable that Samsung did not consider that people are working from home in 2020 and need a decent bluetooth headset for the computer too!

0 Likes
prstrindade
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Try this workaround, It works with me:

1 - Use only one side of Buds Live, leave the other side on the closed case;
2 - Connect it to a Windows 10 PC and start the zoom meet (for example);
3 - Go to audio test;
4 - In microphone test, you will listening to a low volume but with a good quality focous on a mid and low frequencies;
5 - put it out of the ear;
6 - wait for 10 SECONDS;
7 - put it on ear;
8 - Test de microphone again: you will listening a very high volume, but sound focus only in mid frequencies;
I want to communicate it to a developers, I try did it via Samsung Support in Brazil, but it was not possible, they dont have a way to do that.

MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

That doesn't work for me. I still get the low volume. It's possible that your PC switched to a different microphone when you removed the earbud.

0 Likes
gtCanada
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

My one last post post this. I see the Galaxy Buds Pro are out now so I guess the Buds Live won't ever get a fix!

Anyway, I got hold of a "Jabra Link 370 USB adapter MS" model number "14208-08" (note there are different versions, get the MS version model 1420008-08). It's a bluetooth adaptor except using Jabras own drivers.

Pros: It works with the Galaxy Live Buds just fine, and Airpod Pros, and probably any other bluetooth headset. Sounds great in Teams and Skype, etc. Pretty sure its not using Windows HFP 8khz profile as the mic sound is very clear. Longer signal reach than my PC's built in bluetooth of about 45ft compared to 30ft.

Cons: Not cheap, $65 CAD (Bestbuy, PC Canada). Only connects to one bluetooth device at a time.

0 Likes
MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have both the Jabra Link 360 and Link 380 adapters. I also have the Plantronics BT600 dongle. I've tried all of them with the Galaxy Buds Live. Some of them paird up with the Buds Live and the mic volume was  normal. While that worked for calls, the music sounded terrible. So this was not a solution for me.

0 Likes
user64GQ3T9eGp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the Buds pro and I am experience the same problem with low mic volume on my computer.

I have a lot of meeting in Microsoft Teams and I cant use the Buds Pro, I must use my old headset with cable

The buds pro are working great on my Galaxy S10

userrWJeShIsOH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
wow! thanks for letting everyone know. I was considering giving buds pro a try, hoping the issue would have been solved.
So, disappointed that in the age of remote work Samsung has earphones that don't work with laptops/windows 10.
0 Likes
gtCanada
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

@samsung978531 @knightsurgeon - I think it's about time you looked into this problem officially? 

Buds Live and now Buds Pro, mic doesn't work in calls in Windows.