cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Buds Live - Low mic volume on windows 10

I am having issues with mic volume on windows 10 with the new Galaxy Buds Live. The mic volume is really low, and on video calls, no one can hear me. The mic works great on my Note 10, I am only have issue on windows 10.
I have check all the mic setting and they are max out to 100% but it's still not enough.
Any suggestions?

46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Buds Live - Low mic volume on windows 10

Add my name to this issue, also.  Mic works fine with phone, but volume way too low with any app (zoom, teams, etc.) on the laptop.

I notice that the 'Microphone Boost' setting is missing in the Headset Properties...I suspect that this is the problem, and is usually tied to the driver.

The driver Windows is using is from Intel...I expect it is a generic driver, but it is dated 4/15/2020, so no idea why the microphone boost setting is missing.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue here, just bought Galaxy Buds for use in meetings, but the mic volume is too low, it only gets high when I put the mic close to my mouth.

It's disappointing because I have a much cheaper pair of bluetooth buds that does not suffer from this problem.

To provide more input, the problem is not mic boost I believe, because my cheaper buds don't have it either and works great.

Probably gonna return my Galaxy Buds.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yep - I checked my USB Jabra headset, no 'boost' setting, and they work well.

also, I have the Microsoft Surface earbuds, and they work fine with the same laptop, but they hurt my ears where the Samsung Buds Live do not.  *grumble*

I still think it is driver-related, since they work so well with the phone.  I'm seeing Reddit posts with the same complaint.  Not certain what it will take to get attention from the mothership on this.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Guys can you send me a private message with the following information to have our engineers look into this further. 

Model:

IMEI: 

S/W Version (About earbuds on Galaxy wearable app):

What device your using with buds:

details of symptoms (i.e. When Symptoms happen? Are you using a specific application when symptoms appear?) : 

Highlighted
Asteroid

message sent - feel free to contact me if more info is needed.

thanks!

Highlighted
Constellation

Having the same issue, info sent in PM

Highlighted
Asteroid

Did you get any response? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi,

I am having teh same issue. Mic volum eis extremly low.

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoda X1

Thanks

Julio

<hidden>

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I have the exact same issue. I just updated to the latest firmware and no change.