JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds series volume is low

(Topic created: 08-18-2020 09:27 AM)
user2C9IYRCqAq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have galaxy buds 33AA and they were working fine till yesterday. I tried unpairing and pairing them again. Tried increasing the bud volume and it's to the max level. Increased the media volume and nothing ..found one solution online in developers option and diasbled absolute volume sync and still nothing. I don't have audio media sync in the blutooth advance setting so that's not an option. My phone is Galaxy S10+

1,416 Replies
userrWJeShIsOH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I am having issues with mic volume on windows 10 with the new Galaxy Buds Live. The mic volume is really low, and on video calls, no one can hear me. The mic works great on my Note 10, I am only have issue on windows 10.
I have check all the mic setting and they are max out to 100% but it's still not enough.
Any suggestions?

whereupon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Add my name to this issue, also.  Mic works fine with phone, but volume way too low with any app (zoom, teams, etc.) on the laptop.

I notice that the 'Microphone Boost' setting is missing in the Headset Properties...I suspect that this is the problem, and is usually tied to the driver.

The driver Windows is using is from Intel...I expect it is a generic driver, but it is dated 4/15/2020, so no idea why the microphone boost setting is missing.

Felipe_ff
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same issue here, just bought Galaxy Buds for use in meetings, but the mic volume is too low, it only gets high when I put the mic close to my mouth.

It's disappointing because I have a much cheaper pair of bluetooth buds that does not suffer from this problem.

To provide more input, the problem is not mic boost I believe, because my cheaper buds don't have it either and works great.

Probably gonna return my Galaxy Buds.

whereupon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Yep - I checked my USB Jabra headset, no 'boost' setting, and they work well.

also, I have the Microsoft Surface earbuds, and they work fine with the same laptop, but they hurt my ears where the Samsung Buds Live do not.  *grumble*

I still think it is driver-related, since they work so well with the phone.  I'm seeing Reddit posts with the same complaint.  Not certain what it will take to get attention from the mothership on this.

Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with low volume in one or both of your Galaxy buds. Give these links a try for some troubleshooting steps to resolve the symptom you are experiencing: Low or poor audio quality on your Samsung earbuds and Phone displays volume limit reached message.

If you are still experiencing these symptoms after the troubleshooting provided, I would recommend a service repair. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

whereupon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

message sent - feel free to contact me if more info is needed.

thanks!

user6lDcRA5IeI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Having the same issue, info sent in PM

userzQrlDDTKx1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Did you get any response? 

userZNzitQF4Yj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi,

I am having teh same issue. Mic volum eis extremly low.

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoda X1

Thanks

Julio

<hidden>

MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the exact same issue. I just updated to the latest firmware and no change.