cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Buds Live Wind Noise

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have noticed that when I wear my Galaxy buds live outside they pick up wind noise almost as though the microphones are pumping it into my ears- even when active noise canceling is turned off. This happens while listening to media.

Even a light for a gentle breeze can be heard in my ears through the buds when active noise canceling is off, which leads me to believe that what I'm hearing is more than just the wind passing over the buds. I'm not sure if Samsung is aware of this, but if this is some kind of audio passthrough that can't be turned off, I think there needs to be a way to completely disable it.

I use my buds almost exclusively outside so I notice this all the time. I'm happy to answer any questions, any feedback is appreciated. If you have the same problem or even notice something similar please let me know! Go outside and try it out. It's frustrating once you notice it.

Samsung: is this the microphones picking up the wind? Is there something causing this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Buds Live Wind Noise

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I started having connection issues with my phone in my pocket while on phone calls and decided it's time to let these go

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The wind noise is to block sound that may leak from outside, and it depends on what the inner mic vent picks up ...
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Right, there is an inner mic vent and two microphones on the exterior.

However, what I'm saying is that with noise cancellation disabled you can hear air pass over the buds live as though they exterior microphones are giving audio feedback into the ear. You can test this yourself by wearing them outside and making a phone call/listening to media. You will notice that air passing over the buds is louder than it should be. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The more you cover the inner vent the louder the wind will be. It depends on the shape of your ears as they are slightly asymmetric.

It's not worth replacing, as I got the same issue after replacing mine
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So even when active noise cancellation is disabled the buds are still somehow processing the sound around me in a way that can be distorted by air passing over the buds? That seems... like a bit of an oversight, yeah? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I started having connection issues with my phone in my pocket while on phone calls and decided it's time to let these go

View solution in original post