Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Live, cuts out and stretches sound when i put phone in pocket. (S9+ Issue)

(Topic created on: 11/14/20 12:12 PM)
Tripski
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I just recieved my Galaxy Buds Live today, and when going on a walk i decided to bring them along. 

Once i put my phone (Galaxy 9+) In my pocket the buds became choppy like I was out of range, also the sound started sounding metallic like they were being stretched. 

This has happened with some knockoff pair of buds called Arbily, which is why i switched and bought the new Buds Live.

This only happens outside, once i leave my house. I have turned my phone Wifi off just incase this has some thing to do with it and the issue still occurs. 

I have unpaired the buds via the Wearable app and repaired. Same issue.

I have ensured all updates are up to date on the wearable for the buds. 

I have unpaired my actual bluetooth connection and the same issue occurs. 

I have repaired the buds with a Ipad 7, and the connectivity is perfect. 

What could be happening with my S9+ to encounter such an issue? 

14 Replies
SparkySteve
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I had the same issues using both my Galaxy Note20 Ultra and Galaxy Watch3 AFTER ONLY ONE DAY. Very disappointing. I just returned them to the retailer.

0 Likes
StuR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same problem here with Galaxy Z Flip 5G. The buds live won't reliably stay connected when using them outdoors. These things all use BT 5 LOW ENERGY but either the transmit power or the antenna design or both weren't properly vetted and so they are unusable outside or in any environment where there are competing RF signals (WiFi, microwave, cordless phone). Every other brand and model of wireless earbuds I've got (JBL, Panasonic) work just fine outdoors and indoors. The Samsung Buds Live fail.

IMHO Samsung isn't even pretending to do anything about this as they probably know by now that this product design is faulty and they'll just quietly replace them with a newer design in the future.

usernAzNitoZm5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same in here I'm using note 9

0 Likes
webtechnick
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Same issue, on the ph. tech support currently for my 2nd pair now. I mentioned this forum where the lone samsung rep ..of course in samsung fashion.. passed the buck to previous troubleshooting steps instead of offering anything productive. They cannot receive links she said. I asked for a product satisfaction department of sorts, they brought me to case management. First thing case management does..after hearing the issue and finding I don't have a ticket try to send me back to tech support to create a ticket or create a shipping label to send (the now 2nd set) in for troubleshooting.
You get a bunch of "sorry" or "I understand but" "unfortunately that's our policy"

0 Likes
StuR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

I finally realized that Samsung has no intention of doing anything about these poorly designed earbuds. They've already moved on and back to the traditional design.

Mine went in the trash and I've found several decent buds that work fine, don't hurt your ears and cost less than a third of the failed Samsung ones.

0 Likes