Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Live takes the crown over the Buds Pro (in my opinion)

(Topic created: 04-19-2022 06:59 PM)
Ariscott56
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Buds
Just picked up a brand new pair of the Galaxy Buds Live to replace my Buds+ from Best Buy. Been having some excellent experiences with the Buds Live than my Galaxy Buds Pro.

They have comparable sound quality to the Buds Pro (whereas the Buds Pro makes a large buzzing noise when I use ANC or Ambient Sound while listening to some songs. The Buds Live do not suffer this issue.)

They fit comfortable and I can wear them all day without constant washing, although I had to change to the large ear tips.

I will have to be careful as they are not as water resistant, although I doubt they'll ever receive water damage. The Buds Live are rated IPX2 and the Buds Pro are IPX7.

ANC is not as effective compared to the Buds Pro and you must wear both earbuds at the time as they do not have the "noise control with one earbud" feature. I've been able to block out low frequency noise and listen to my music care-free.

They tend to be very loud where people around you are prone to hearing your music or audio, so I kept them on Dynamic for a peace of mind.

Battery life is as similar to the Buds Pro; Buds+ still blows both of them out the water unfortunately.

Even though I like the Buds Live more than the Buds Pro, I still use them fairly often, but I doubt I'll ever need to use them as my primary earbuds.

4 Replies
eunique
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds
I do love my Galaxy Buds Live but like you, I do think the Buds Pro has an edge over the Live. But because the Live works and sounds oretty good, I still keep them and use both Buds and switch back and forth.
DarkPhox
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
If I could get the comfort and shape of the Buds Live but the sound quality and ANC of the Buds Pro I think that would be my golden pair of earbuds

The Buds Live were the most comfortable earbuds I ever wore and practically refused to fall out of my ears no matter how hard my head shook, wish my Buds Pro stayed in my ears like that...

Also the reason others can hear your music is that the Buds Live are open backed in a sense. They have a large vent/tube on them dedicated for bass. If you cover that vent on the inner curve of the outside of the buds you will find your audio sounds significantly worse but that's where your audio is bleeding out from, aswell as not having a proper seal with your ears.

I'm actually excited to see what a possible Buds Live 2 is like
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Buds
I just got Galaxy Buds Live Love them. Bass is amazing and awesome 
0 Likes
notforhire
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Buds
Live are the best buds for me. have 2 pair...one for the truck and the other for the house. it's easy to forget they're even in the ear.
0 Likes