cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Right earbud not charging, red exclamation point in app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I purchased these galaxy buds around 2-3 months ago, and yesterday, the right earbud just stopped working. The left one charges and operated properly, but the right one doesn't even hold a charge.

I tried resetting them to factory defaults, using the original charger cable, and cleaning the charging contacts. None of these worked.

How do I go about from here?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Right earbud not charging, red exclamation point in app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userUZJf1xjhB2  , I am sorry that you are experiencing this but it sounds as though you are going to have to mail them to get checked out. There are multiple ways of doing this, either calling 1800-samsung (1800-726-7864) and they will send you a shipping label. With that shipping label you will send the buds in a box, and whoever repairs the ear buds will call you to let you know before any replacement if there is a cost or not. Another option is when Samsung Walk In stores open again we can take care of the shipping and handeling, when they receive the product the procedure will be the same. Below I have linked the support to contact Samsung in more ways if those do not work for you. I hope this was helpful. Have a wonderful day!

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Highlighted
Comet

Re: Right earbud not charging, red exclamation point in app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello@userUZJf1xjhB2 

There are many reasons you could be experiencing these symptoms.

Have you had a software update to your Galaxy buds recently?

- If yes, check to see if you have 2 different software version on your Galaxy buds

Galaxy Wearable version 2.2.30.20031361

Galaxy Buds Plugin version 1.4.20042451

Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the Galaxy wearable app?

Setting > Apps > Galaxy Wearable > Clear data , Clear Cache

clearing the galaxy buds cache and data in apps helped

Setting > Apps > Galaxy Buds > Storage > Clear data , Clear Cache

I would recommend trying to connect your buds individually to see if you can connect your the bud that is experiencing these symptoms.

If your phone cannot connect to one or both of your Galaxy Buds or Gear IconX, getting them to connect again will only take a couple of steps. Performing a restart on the earbuds, resetting the Bluetooth connection, or updating the Galaxy Wearable app will normally fix the issue.

Give this link a try for issues with your Galaxy buds

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111318/

Highlighted
Constellation

left bud won't charge or connect.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For 3 months I had no issues with my Original Galaxy buds. (got them around Christmas). Recently, however, the left one will not charge or connect. I can't get it to play sound, use the swipe controls, etc. In the Galaxy Wearables app it just shows an exclamation mark. The right bud works just fine. I'd really like my stereo sound back if anoyone here could help me. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: left bud won't charge or connect.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @ConorB , I am sorry that you are experiencing this, have you resseted the buds or unpair them and pair them again?  If you have it sounds like as though you are going to have to mail them to get checked out. There are multiple ways of doing this, either calling 1800-samsung (1800-726-7864) and they will send you a shipping label. With that shipping label you will send the buds in a box, and whoever repairs the ear buds will call you to let you know before any replacement if there is a cost or not. Another option is when Samsung Walk In stores open again we can take care of the shipping and handeling, when they receive the product the procedure will be the same. Below I have linked the support to contact Samsung in more ways if those do not work for you. I hope this was helpful. Have a wonderful day!

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having same problem suddenly the left will earbud will not work it's been charged using Samsung charger but shows exclamation in gear app...will not reset connect I tried putting in box and holding touch panel nothing works.. help please how can I get this rectified.  I purchased these with my Galaxy note 10 just in December 2019.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out and providing that information. I would like to assist you further with this, could you please provide me with your model and serial number in a private message? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Left Galaxy bud doesn't connect to phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_2020-04-29-08-10-25-330_com.samsung.accessory.fridaymgr.jpg

My left bud doesn't connect to the phone, the case can recognize it's there, still  thelight appears red. I've restarted my phone, reset the buds, and it still appears like in the picture, please help me, this started yesterday, and as I can see, many people are having the same issue since yesterday.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Left Galaxy bud doesn't connect to phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is doing the exact same thing. No answers found online. Common issue. Most likely going to have to go back to the store to trade them in. Would really like to find a self fox though. 

Highlighted
Comet

Re: Left Galaxy bud doesn't connect to phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello@userMHA0raDPeb 

have you updated your galaxy wearable apps?

Looks like an update to the Gear Wearable app was pushed, which fixes this issue. Just updated and confirmed is now working.

Galaxy Wearable version 2.2.30.20031361

Galaxy Buds Plugin version 1.4.20042451

if problem is still reoccurring?

clearing the galaxy buds cache and data in apps helped

Setting > Apps > Galaxy Buds > Storage > Clear data , Clear Cache

Hope this was helpful