JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds One Bud Won't Connect

(Topic created on: 10/24/20 8:57 AM)
userRinVqQ0FBA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

My right galaxy bud has stopped working. It won’t charge, pair, make the pairing(sensor) noise when it’s picked up from the charging case. However it does activate the Red Light  on the case when placed back inside. Not sure if the charging spots on the buds have stopped working. When I go on my Galaxy Wearables app, it shows the left bud’s stats and battery life while the right shows that it’s disconnected or just not charged. I looked into trying to resetting the ear buds but nowhwere in my wearable app allows me to do so. I cant update one without the other. Someone please advise!

1,866 Replies
userkA9dzg4wDM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I'm having a problem with my right earbud staying disconnected. I've tried resetting the earbuds, resting my phone, and disconnecting and reconnecting the earbuds but nothing works

0 Likes
userAb8lNieW2W
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

My left earbud is refusing to connect to my phone despite me resetting the buds and trying to clean the ports with a qtip. 

0 Likes
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey there!

I would be happy to look into your concerns.

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
users4xPjPPGSc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Having same issue will u help me

0 Likes
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey there!

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey there!

Model code:
Serial Number:

0 Likes
user2iNForz5Bd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

So 181 pages, no fix? I have 2 BRAND NEW pairs of these that I just tried to use. On BOTH, only one side of the earbud will connect. Reset, charged, tried everything, nothing works. So 2 pairs of useless earbuds. NICE

0 Likes
userraBOo6PpwR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
I've used my Buds+ with my Galaxy S20+ for months with no problem. Suddenly the right bud is showing 'disconnected' in the Wearables app. I have tried every connection instruction in the online troubleshooting, but cannot get the bud to connect. According to the charger case, both Buds are fully charged. 
0 Likes
Solution
userk6sCahQEAs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I'll repost a solution I made in another forum

"Im posting this incase anyone is still having this issue, you dont need to send your buds to be serviced. 

If one of your buds isnt connecting after charging them (one of the buds is greyed out in the app or isnt showing up) but the chase is showing a green light saying theyre charged.

what's going on is that inside the bud that isnt showing up, the battery has discharged to a level where the sensor isnt correctly reading the level of the battery because the battery level has reached 0, so it cant properly operate the sensor to tell the case to charge it, so it's just not charging. So you need to get that bud to a level where the sensor can function properly and actuall charge the bud.

Ok so now the explanation is out of the way theres how to do it: 

1. Start with both buds in the case, make sure case is charged so it can charge the buds

2. Open the wearables app, so you can monitor it as we proceed

3. Now take the WORKING BUD out of the case, set it aside

4. Pick up the NON WORKING BUD out of the case and place it back in the case, watch the red light that indicates if the bud is charged or not, you'll notice after a few seconds the light will go from red to green saying its charged. In actuality it isnt.

5. What were going to do is keep picking up and putting back the NON WORKING BUD every time the light turns green. What that's doing is during those couple seconds of red light the case is trickling some power into the battery until it falsely reads that ita charged again. We have to keep doing that until on the wearables app we see the NON WORKING BUD show up and read 1% with an exclamation mark (this is why I said to open it to monitor the battery)  this can take some time, but you'll have to sit there and do it.

6. Once we see the 1% and exclamation mark, the bud has enough juice to power the battery sensor to tell the case to actually charge the bud to full. Once it charges to a decent percent, test the bud, make sure it works, then let it charge the rest of the way. After that you can charge both buds normally

Future tip, dont let your buds get to critical battery life (below 5%) again or you'll have to start this process to fix it again. Letting batterys FULLY discharge to 0% is bad for the battery and they should be charged once they get around 10% or so. That's why phones usually shut off at 2%-5% cause if they fully discharge to 0, there won't be juice to power the sensor that tells the phone to charge or turn back on. Itll be DEAD DEAD at that point lol.

Hope this helped someone out there "

View solution in context

Gone4Good
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
Awesome. I can't believe I found this po.st. I see no reason to believe it won't work. It would be nice if customer support knew this.