Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Left earbud not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I've read the many posts here regarding left or right earbuds not working.  It seems to be a problem for quite a few users and though there is a 1 year warranty for replacement which addresses the simptom, there is no solution that addresses the problem.  My left earbud has also stopped working.  Just a month outside of warranty.  I will purchase and replace my earbuds but I will not likely go with Samsung.  With so many users experiencing the same problem, it seems Samsung should be looking for a more permanent solution for an item that retails in Australia for nearly $300.00.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Left earbud not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

I can definitely understand wanting to make use of both earbuds at the same time. Have you been able to perform any troubleshooting for your device? Also, are the set of buds you have purchased in Australia? If so I would recommend going to https://www.samsung.com/visitcountry/ and reaching out to the country of origin for the fastest resolution to your issue. 

Thank you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Right earbud not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got my galaxy earbus plus in the mail, and so excited to use them but the right earbud wont pair or appear on the wearables app.. i would hate to have to return for a new one but idk what to do....

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Right earbud not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are many reasons you could be experiencing these symptoms.

Have you had a software update to your Galaxy buds+ recently?

- If yes, check to see if you have 2 different software version on your Galaxy buds+

Did the the bud you are experiencing these symptoms with ever connect?

- If yes, how long have you been experiencing these symptoms?

I would recommend trying to connect your buds individually to see if you can connect your the bud that is experiencing these symptoms.

If your phone cannot connect to one or both of your Galaxy Buds+ or Gear IconX, getting them to connect again will only take a couple of steps. Performing a restart on the earbuds, resetting the Bluetooth connection, or updating the Galaxy Wearable app will normally fix the issue.

Give this link a try for issues with your Galaxy buds+ connecting: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111318/

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps provided and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend an accessory exchange. Can you please provide me the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Bill of Sale:
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Left Galaxy bud stopped working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The left bud will not charge or connect, there is a red exclamation point on the wearable app. I have tried chatting with support, uninstalling wearable app and nothing is working. Please help!

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Left Galaxy bud stopped working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userjeLWtxkahC, I am sorry that you are experiencing this but it sounds as though you are going to have to mail them to get checked out. There are multiple ways of doing this, either calling 1800-samsung (1800-726-7864) and they will send you a shipping label. With that shipping label you will send the buds in a box, and whoever repairs the ear buds will call you to let you know before any replacement if there is a cost or not. Another option is when Samsung Walk In stores open again we can take care of the shipping and handeling, when they receive the product the procedure will be the same. Below I have linked the support to contact Samsung in more ways if those do not work for you. I hope this was helpful. Have a wonderful day!

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello@userjeLWtxkahC 

Please try the following steps and before calling Samsung Customer Service.

clearing the galaxy buds cache and data in apps helped.

Setting > Apps > Galaxy Buds > Storage > Clear data , Clear Cache

Hope this was helpful

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. Left ear bud stopped connection. Issue started with most recent update. 

Uninstalled and reinstalled Galaxy bud app, paired unpaired the buds. Tried resetting from and charging many times. 

Nothing is working ☹️

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @useraQNsR6N4Az , yes I would recommend you the same solution as well because either their will be an update that will fix the issue of the firmware or it is actual default of manufacturing. So at least contacting 1800-samsung and telling them you want to mail them in, to see what is wrong or to see how much it will cost. Keep in mind to have a proof of purchase close by! As I always say any questions or concerns we are here to assist and have a wonderful day! 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for providing that information, I can understand wanting to make use of both your buds at the same time. I see you have performed some good troubleshooting and your symptoms persist. I would like to assist you further, could you please provide me with your model and serial number in private message? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar