cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Buds One Bud Won't Connect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue except with my left bud. I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps with no luck in resolving the issue. My buds were a gift and I won't be able to obtain the receipt for the buds. Does this mean that I cannot get these repaired even though they are well within the 1 year warranty. They were purchased around Christmas 12/25/19. I have the original packaging and all of the contents but without the receipt I fear that I will be stuck with a broken product. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Right earbud will not connect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

My galaxy buds, the left one will connect while the other one won't. They both charge just fine. I've tried placing one bud at a time into the fully charged case just to ensure that the charging sensors caused the light to lit. I've also cleaned both buds using first a damp then dry cloth & q-tip. Tried forgetting the device under bluetooth settings & disconnecting in the galaxy wearable app. Restarted the device and reconnected in bluetooth and in the app. Tried updating the app & firmware but unable to do so because the right galaxy bud won't connect. Model: SM-R170(EARBUDS); <edit>

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Right earbud will not connect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out! It is recommended to have the earbuds evaluated by a certified technician. I will be happy to look into the options available. Please send a private message with a copy of the receipt. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Right Galaxy Bud Won't Connect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20200528-151924_Galaxy Buds.jpgI have had my Galaxy Buds for 6 months and I have never had a problem until now. 2 days ago, my right Bud stopped connecting to my S9+ and it will not show up in the Wear app. The earbuds model number is SM-R170 and the cradle model number is EP-QR170. I am hoping to get a replacement.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Right Galaxy Bud Won't Connect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there!

I will be happy to further assist with your concerns.

Can you provide the serial number from the bottom of the charging case and a copy of the proof of purchase? Also, can you list any troubleshooting steps you have tried so I can better assist you? http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

Highlighted
Constellation

Left bud disconnected

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi! Just purchased any Buds+ this last March. I have not used them since testing one time. Case is full charge, as well as the right bud (working fine), but is says the left bud is disconnected. I have tried updating the app, recharging, reseting, turning off my phone, but nothing works. Please help. I cannot go to the actual store due to lockdown. Thanks.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Left bud disconnected

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out, I can understand wanting to use both your Galaxy buds at the same time. You have done some good troubleshooting and I would like to assist you further. Could you please provide me with your model and serial number in a private message? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem. did tons of troubleshooting to no avail. can you help me too?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Reset them completely, you can do this through the galaxy wearable app. Connect to them, click "About earbuds" and reset. This helped me one time that my left one just started ringing

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy Earbuds - Left bud died dead gone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So all I own is Samsung when it comes to my electronics.

Phone | Watch | Non-Working Earbuds | 3 Monitors | 2 Smart TV's | Chromebook

I never buy the additional warranties due to the outstanding quality that Samsung provides. Welp, It finally has bitten me. 

Note: The only way I have charged these earbuds is through the original plug that was supplied and my Note 10+.  I mainly use these for talking on the phone for work and some music. 

Left bud quit working and now a software update is needed. Both have to be connected to do so.

• Plugged in one night
  • Opened the case the next morning 
    • The light was red inside the case which was odd
  • Put in buds and left bud had zero sound
  • Went to Samsung Wear App and it showed it at zero
    • It was not at zero when I put it in the case the night before (50% normally)
  • Cleaned connections on buds and case to remove possible debris
  • Put left bud back in the case to charge solo and used the right bud for my calls
  • Left bud refused to charge
  • Put both in and let them charge together and still nothing
  • Boom! Software update via Wear App
    • Both have to be charged and connected...
  • Tried finding ways to reset via the internet with zero luck
  • Gave up and rolled solo earbud for the past 2 weeks
  • Bought some cheapies on Amazon to get me by

Anyone else having this battle going on in their life? I paid for quality and felt let down by Samsung for the first time. Help needed!

Screenshot_20200408-105354_Galaxy Buds.jpg20200408_105553.jpg