cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Buds Plus Battery Problems

Out of no where my buds plus are showing the same battery life on each though one is in the charging case showing the 100% charged green light, and I've been using the other one and it's down to 92%. I know the battery is different on each but the app keeps saying they're both 92%. Every once in a while when I open the case back up it switches and shows the correct battery life for each, but then it switches back. I've tried reseting the buds, restarting my phone, clearing the cache on the app, charging the buds to 100%, disconnecting and reconnect the Bluetooth. Nothing works. Can anyone help?Screenshot_20200429-012345_Galaxy Buds+.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Buds Plus Battery Problems

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Buds/Galaxy-buds-plus-only-got-1-battery-indicator/td-p/1...

I think you are not alone facing this. It is an update problem

@userRft0sQSzTg wrote:

Out of no where my buds plus are showing the same battery life on each though one is in the charging case showing the 100% charged green light, and I've been using the other one and it's down to 92%. I know the battery is different on each but the app keeps saying they're both 92%. Every once in a while when I open the case back up it switches and shows the correct battery life for each, but then it switches back. I've tried reseting the buds, restarting my phone, clearing the cache on the app, charging the buds to 100%, disconnecting and reconnect the Bluetooth. Nothing works. Can anyone help?Screenshot_20200429-012345_Galaxy Buds+.jpg

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Please FIX this. I also have this same issue. 

Whats the point of having both earbuds display the same battery especially when you use each individually. If its not fixed soon I'm returning them for a refund. 

See below. 

buds 1.jpg

Highlighted
Asteroid

People using the excuse that oh its a software update where if you're Only using one bud it will show both is not ok. Under no circumstance should a wireless bud ever show only one level in the app. I don't care what the excuse is. It needs to be fixed immediately. Even the cheapest of the cheap buds out there show you both. We expect a premium app for a premium product. Fix the issue and stop with the excuses.

- Ibuddy66
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

This is a "NEW" feature that was introduced in the latest Galaxy Buds+ Plugin. Whoever at Samsung made that decision should get a new job.

I fixed it by deleting the Galaxy Buds+ plugin and re-install the previous version. Please use version 1.0.20030951 it will solve the problem. Then make sure you disable auto updates in Google Play store for this plugin otherwise it will happen again. 

To Samsung - PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE in your SOFTWARE. Its a bad bad idea to combine the battery indicators. Why on earth you would do that be beyond me. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

i did your solution and it worked for a few days, but now i think it was auto-updated again and i only have 1 battery indicator between the two buds. even though i turned off the auto update in the app it still was updated. waiting for the official Samsung fix asap Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Halo

How do you send a screen shot to this post?

Highlighted
Asteroid

@Ellin When you send a message.. there's a little 📷camera button above where you type. Click on that it'll open, then click on Files, and the screen shot should be the one on top, if not click images and it should be there

Highlighted
Halo

I have my screen shot but where the options are to share it, Samsung members is not there, I tried to search for it but it doesn't come up

Highlighted
Asteroid

When one of the earbuds reaches a batterylevel lower then 85%, then it shows the level of both earbuds (both on the widget and the Wearable app).