JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 08-10-2021 09:43 AM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
NotNerdyNed
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
My son had the issue. We thought it was due to an allergy to latex or silicone in the buds.
RemiMoonstone
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I've got the Buds Live and my ear itches so bad after 10 or so minutes. To the point where I have to take the ear bud out and rub my ear. These are the only headphones I have ever had an issue with.
JYKLOZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
It is a known issue globally. In Korea, Samsung announced in May that they would give a full refund and treatment cost to all the customers having ear infections due to wearing Galaxy Buds Pro. I have had two ear infections, but here In USA, they offered me only $96 in refund, because I bought with the Phone trade-in Credit, which doesn't make any sense to me. You should call the customer service and file a claim
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. If you're experiencing this or similar symptoms please reach out to our support team directly: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo 

Can you please provide us with the following information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number from the bottom of the charging cradle:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Rawfee
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I see everyone post about the allergic reactions that I am currently experiencing! (ITCHY, BURNING,LEAKING, and skin flaking). I tried replacing the tips with foam ones from what I read and it didn't work. I also read something about nickel allergies??? When i first got the reaction I stopped using them for a month to let my ears heal and went back to my old galaxy buds. No problem. but when i tried using them again the problem came back. WHAT IS CAUSING THIS PROBLEM!?!?!? no one has posted what caused it and the solution after complaining about it. Should I just stop getting samsung buds and go with a different brand?

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. If you're experiencing this or similar symptoms please reach out to our support team directly: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Can you please provide us with the following information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number from the bottom of the charging cradle:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usertIwpYz5EBZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I am having issue with buds pro. 
I visited urgent care due to this and not to wear this until its gone and after that I used it month later still on going. hurt my ears both side. 

In Korea they issue refund and reimbursement regarding hospital visit. Where is link for that in US site?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about the symptom you are experiencing and would like to escalate this to our specialized team. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Full Name:
Physical address (including city, state, and zip code):
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Model Code:
The serial number on the bottom of your Galaxy buds pro charging case:

The specific symptoms you are experiencing:

0 Likes
meech101
Halo
Options
Galaxy Buds
Did nit think it was real
0 Likes
LjSupreme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I have been experiencing the same ear irritation, scabs, and discharge as others from wearing Samsing buds pro. Had to go to the doctor to get treated. I only have an allergic reaction to these specific buds, and have went back to using the Samsung buds plus. Hope Samsung learns from everyone misfortune.