Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Pro simple software feature request

(Topic created on: 1/22/21 5:46 PM)
userMuAuSaPbZN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello, I have reached out to as many Samsung departments as possible to request a simple firmware feature on the Galaxy Buds Pro. I'm not sure how much of it is being heard by the developers (Samsung is quite a large company), but I feel it would be most effective in a forum like this. I would like to be able to turn off noise cancelling when I am not connected to my phone.

For instance, when I'm connected to my laptop, I have to disconnect from my laptop and then reconnect to my phone. Then, I have to turn ANC off (because you can only switch between ANC and ambient sound from the touch controls) and then disconnect from my phone. Finally, I have to reconnect to my laptop. It's not a terrible inconvenience, but I would love to able to cycle between ANC, ANC off, and ambient sound just using the touch controls. I'm pretty sure this feature is even available on the Buds Live, so I'm having a hard time understanding why they would remove it on their most premium set of earbuds.

4 Replies
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
AshokMkd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Glad I'm not the only one. There is a long touch option available but that only switches between ANC and Ambient mode. If it goes to a third state to turn off everything, that would be perfect. To be honest I care more about turning it off than Ambient mode.

0 Likes
omgi0wn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Yes! I just posted about this here because I didn't see your request, but it really bugs me that we can't switch through all three modes. I really hope someone implements this.

0 Likes
omgi0wn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey all! Is there a way to turn OFF noise controls when connected to non-Android devices (iOS, Windows, Macs, or generic bluetooth devices). The only options for long pressing are to switch between ANC or Ambient Mode, and it seems like the buds default to ANC when using them.

I would like to be able to switch between all three modes (ANC, Ambient Mode, Off) when using them on non-Android devices as it seems the only way to do this is when connected to the Galaxy Wearables app on an Android device. When I switch to a different device I then only have the options for ANC or Ambient Mode again.

It seems like this could easily be implemented in an update to cycle between all three modes during a long press, similar to what the Sony WH series does.