JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 08-15-2020 02:31 PM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
Steelie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I've been having the same problems with my Galaxy Buds+: itching, burning, moisture buildup in outer ear, flaky skin.  I love them, but I had to stop using them because symptoms start within a minute or two.

SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. If you're experiencing this or similar symptoms please reach out to our support team directly: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo 

Can you please provide us with the following information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number from the bottom of the charging cradle:

userxsEp0iIUq3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Has anyone else bought different earbud tips than the original ones?  My ears have been itching & are sore because of an allergic reaction.  I think it's the tips.  I'd like them to still allow the earbuds to fit in the case.

wheatengreetin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
wearing ear buds for too long can give you a yeast infection. check with your doctor
0 Likes
userxsEp0iIUq3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I only wore them for about an hour for a few days in a row.  I did go to the doctor after my ears were very sore & was prescribed antibiotic eardrops.  Other earbuds have not caused this reaction.  I'm looking to try some other tips that are not silicone.  I do want them to fit into the case for charging, though.

JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Buds
I really like the foam tips from Comply and the custom ones fit perfectly in the case and allow charging. You may need to wash your silicone tips in rubbing alcohol/water solution and let dry completely.

--
Show me some love with a :heart_suit:
If this helped you :white_heavy_check_mark: "Accept as a solution"
userxsEp0iIUq3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I found the Comply ones on Amazon but some of the reviews say the M & L sizes don't allow the earbuds to charge in their case.  Have you had that problem?

JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Buds
I've tried all sizes to try best fit. They all fit perfectly in case. Make sure to buy the ones that are specifically for your model. As well, Comply direct purchases have a much better fit/ return policy.
userxsEp0iIUq3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for your imput & advice!  Purchased from Comply.  Hopefully this will solve the itchy ear issue.  

Ninabetty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I love my Samsung phones and ear buds.  Around 2 months ago I was wear my ear buds and the inside of my ears started to itch and burned, I woke up and could not hear out of my ears and they hurt and were leaking. I went to the doctor and my doctor said I had a severe ear infection I stopped wearing the buds for a time. with some medication my ears got better .after a couple days of wearing my earbuds again my ears swelled shut again. I've cleaned the earbuds with disinfectant  and alcohol wipes but it's only when I put these buds in my ears that I have the problem.i swear by Samsung I won't use anything else. they are the galaxy buds pro by far my favorite it saddened me that I can not use them anymore .