JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 04-12-2021 11:59 AM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
userwPE9eENLDd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi user3jiNwqvwCM,

I got free buds when I purchased the galaxy s21 ultra a few months ago, I used the ear buds for an hour one night and my ears were itching for two days. A few days ago I used the earbuds again for about 90 mins and my ears were itching straight after, the next morning my ears were sore and fluid was coming from them, I went to see a Dr and was informed I was probably allergic to the wing tip material.  I've never had this problem with other earbuds (e.g. Apple).  I've tried getting in touch with Samsung to see if there are tips available made of other material, but I'm finding it also very difficult to to get in touch/ get a response from them.   I think the earbuds are great but I just cant used them again: I think its disgusting that Samsung are aware of this issue but won't help.

0 Likes
EricAMG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
I have allergies and I don't think I have been tested for plastic and stuff like that just the normal stuff and I thought I was losing my mind because I kept calling the doctor like something is wrong it wasn't till after wearing them I realized it was the buds I thought it was something else. I didn't have the fluid which I thought was there but the doctor didn't see a thing but my left ear is close just from me itching my ear. So when I go back I'm going to see if they can test the tips. I would like to know what they are made up seeing how I have had the other ear buds that samsung has made except the lives
userwPE9eENLDd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

I've just finished talking to Samsung Live, they said no other material options are available for the wing tips.  They said my info had been passed on to the relevant Samsung department and I should hear back in 48 hrs.  Many people are allergic to latex and I think the tip are made of latex...I could be wrong.  At the moment...the buds are totally unusable for me.

EricAMG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yeah I reach out to them as well yesterday and they said they would contact me as well in 48 hours we will see what happens
userwPE9eENLDd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

There must be other wing tips that fit???

EricAMG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
I think the way they are shaped nothing will fit just tried the black ones on and they wouldn't fit
0 Likes
userwPE9eENLDd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Okay thanks.  I'll look about on the web and see if I can find a different wingtip because I suppose we'll get no help from Samsung.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your ticket numbers in a private message if you have them, or the model code and serial number of the earbuds, so I can assist you further: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userwPE9eENLDd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Samsung have emailed me and have arranged for my buds to be collected so they can inspect them.

EricAMG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
That's great I hope we can get this fix
0 Likes