JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 04-16-2021 06:07 AM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
Grma
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Buds
Question...are these the very first ear/head buds/phones.. you have ever worn? Or have you been able to wear others and not have this reaction?

I'm thinking if you were able to before and not now.. allergic reaction to maybe the gel portion??
Ninabetty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
No I have had 2 set before both samsung
0 Likes
Grma
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Buds
I would say.. allergic reaction.. after I posted my response to you.. I did a little reading.. you are not the only one with this issue... sounds like.. maybe.. they are made out of latex?
Only repeating some of what others have stated..
Not sure if you can find other ear covers.. that would fit the buds.. to see if maybe that's the issue..
Ninabetty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Thank you. 😊 Good to know I'm not the only one.
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the symptoms are you experiencing and would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and the serial number on the bottom of your charging case in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user3jiNwqvwCM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

My ears itch within a minute of wearing my buds +. I thought it was just a case of getting used to them, but the itching didn't stop. I have tried all the different tip sizes, tried without the tips, tried without the wings, purchased comply foam buds, and even bought ear drops. Eventually, I gave up and stopped wearing them. I now need them for work calls, so I tried again but can't tolerate the discomfort. I have researched and discovered that many of you had had the same problem. The forum mediator gave a number to call for help. I  was answered by an automated system and couldn't get through to a real person. The auto system text me directions back to the website. I tried 'live chat', communicated with a bot that could not help, transferred to a live chat person who directed me back to the website to file a warranty claim (I already told him they were probably out of warranty). Regardless, I did as I was instructed and filed a warranty claim. It expired 1 week ago! The solution was to have them 'repaired' (not sure how that would work) which would cost $120, SERIOUSLY?? Anyone have a solution?

EricAMG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
The same thing has happened to me to the point that I thought I got an ear infection and went to urgent care because I was itching my ears so much my left ear was blocked......I don't think I can wear them
userwPE9eENLDd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi EricAMG,  I've used the buds twice and and had the same problem both times, the second time I had to go to the Dr's because fluid was coming from my ears also.   This is a health issue and any other large company would issue a statement or do a total recall.  I've never had a reaction to earbuds in the past.   No help whatsoever from Samsung.

EricAMG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
Wow I thought I was the only one, and these are the only pairs that do this to me. I have had all of the buds except the live because I was waiting for these to come out. Yeah I can't wear them anymore it takes about a week for my ears to heal and I only wore them for a few minutes
userwPE9eENLDd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

I just finished talking to Samsung and was informed that there is no other option for wing tip material.  They said my info has been passed on and I would be contacted.