JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 04-23-2021 04:17 PM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
BigHustle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
I replaced the ear tips with memory foam tips I ordered from Amazon. It eliminated the itching issue and they fit better in my ears.
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

I understand how concerning this is. I would like to have our specialized team look into this further. Please send a private message with the following information:

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:
Model Code of the earbuds:
Serial number of the earbuds from the bottom of the charging cradle:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Jollywombat
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Noted an issue the past month here in using my new Galaxy Buds Pro headset.  Been using them infrequently and for short periods in the past month, and started getting extrmely itchy and irritated ear canals afterwards.  I did not at first thing it was related to the headset as I have never had any reactions to any earphones (And I have worn quite a number of them by this time, including original galaxy buds).

A couple weeks ago I wore them for ~40 minutes during a walk, and shortly after developed a severe reaction and my ears in addition to itching madly, developed swelling and weeping of fluid constantly and this lasted for roughly two days.  I stupidly did not attribute the issue to the headset at the time and thought it was a ear infection due to a light cold I had at the time however.   Cue yesterday when I wore the buds for three hours straight, and roughly 30 minutes after taking them out, ears had a huge reaction and started swelling shut, itching, pounding, and profusely discharging fluid.  My wife drove me to the ER as the burning in my ears and constant dripping fluid discharge was alarming as we had no idea what was going on.  

Doctor was surprised but asked the usual questions, and pointed out that it was likely due to the headset.  Either the material or some residue on the tips was his thought.  Since the tips were carefully washed when I first got the headset, he said then likely its something with either the material or possibly the housing on the headset then. 

Doctor did irrigate my ears to try to wash away any possible residue from the headset, was met with very limited success however due to how swollen the ears were.

They prescribed anti-itch and anti-biotics due to the inflammation and I have a follow up later today to check in with them.  Been over 14 hours since last exposure to the headset and ears are still constantly discharging fluid and swollen, maddeningly itchy. 

I have no latex or silicon allergies to my knowledge and have never had issues like this before.  Again, Ive used countless headphones and various ear buds from many manufacturers, especially at the start of Covid here as I was testing numerous headsets for usage for our company to use for remote workers for telecommunications with clients. 

I note there was another topic here that is closed with the exact same issues and I cannot reply to that anymore, and searching around the web there are other mentions of this on reddit and other social media.   Looking for a response from Samsung on what is going on with this.

Looking for a response from Samsung on this one, very disturbing what is going on with these headphones, especially considering their price.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. i would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number from the bottom of your Galaxy buds charging case in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user3CKdeti9XD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

The same thing happened to me the last couple times I wore them, including tonight.   It happened last week and I thought maybe something scratched my ear but tonight, the same reaction.   Only the right side though.   I wanted to like these but I can't take the itching after wearing them.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and the serial number in the bottom of your Galaxy buds charging case in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey, just wanted to follow up. Are you still needing further assistance?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Buds

I experienced a bad allergic reaction from the galaxy bud pro earbuds.  My ears started itching, burning, swelling and oozing.  I had to go to the doctor for drops for ear infection in both ears.  I love the sound of the buds so in an attempt to keep them I bought some memory foam tips.  Even with the memory foam tips, my ears started to itch and swell after 15 minutes of wear.  I already had a pair of galaxy buds (not galaxy buds plus),so I recently put those back in my ear with no issues.  The next day, still no itching.  **EPIPHANY** maybe it's not the tips but the galaxy buds pro themselves, (the housing)  So now  I'm testing a theory.....I'm wearing the earbuds without any tips (not ideal if you are moving around) I will post an update of my results.   

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Pictures of the symptom you are experiencing:

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

Did you still need help with this issue?

0 Likes