JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 04-26-2021 05:47 PM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
mamouna
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Actually I bought them last week and I am experiencing the same reaction and I don’t know why.First time for me to use galaxy earbuds but I used other brands.
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello @mamouna,

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Pictures of the symptom you are experiencing:

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Buds

hi mamouna, 

Soooo after 30 min of wearing the buds, no tips at all, my ears started leaking so I am concluding that it wasn't the tips but the buds themselves... it's a sad revelation for me because I absolutely love Samsung.

Options
Galaxy Buds

that's why I did the test with just the buds themselves, because if you've worn other buds before with no issues, it can't just be the tips.  I believe earbud tips, with the exception of the memory foam ones, are all made of silicone.

mamouna
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Thank you gottahavemusic247 for your feedback. Yeah, unfortunately. Me too love Samsung and Samsung products. I am in the process of returning them. I will try switching to other galaxy earbuds and try comply tips and hope they work . Thank you about your feedback.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for following up. I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi Adam,  

Thank you for your willingness to help.  I have already spoken to someone and I will be sending the Galaxy Buds Pro back.  Maybe they can look at what they are using to make them now.  I've been wearing galaxy buds for years and never had an issue until the Galaxy Buds Live hit the scene. I was having the same issue with the Galaxy Buds Live (not the most comfortable buds) so I exchanged them for the Galaxy Buds Pro.  That's how I got here.  

As you can see by the posts in the community, it is not an isolated incident, so hopefully the pain in my ears from my most recent testing of the buds themselves was not in vain.  I can't believe that with all the employees at Samsung (and I would assume that Samsung's employees take advantage of the employee perks and also wear the buds) that Samsung is unaware of this issue.

Please fix it so I can continue to purchase Samsung buds.  For now though, I will have to seek other alternatives.

userWLs4tgfPUn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have been having the same problem for 2 months now ... has Samsung solved the problem for you yet 

user5ZklvPrFfA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Sorry everyone I know this has been covered multiple times but I too am experiencing severe reactions to the Buds Pro earbuds, I have had to have ear drops prescribed by my Doctor in order to reduce the pain and discomfort.

My question is, has anyone had any positive feedback from Samsung or any indication as to what they are doing about it. It is quite obviously not isolated incidents and is a real issue. I see on most of the posts I have read the admin are happy to accept private messages but no information is available as to what happens after a message is sent, if in fact anything at all other than a standard response that it has been passed on?

userNPErCQE65j
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

yes having same issue with my ears.  Please let me know if there is solution.  i thought it was me but after reading all issues i love my Buds pro   let me know if samsung has helped

0 Likes