JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 05-01-2021 09:23 AM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

I am very sorry to hear about this. I would like to get this over to our specialized team so they may look into this further for you. Please send a message with the following information: http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:
Model Code of the earbuds:
Serial number of the earbuds from the bottom of the charging cradle:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userdwnG3hL2Pn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I also have the same issue.  Just received my new buds pro in the mail yesterday and I can not wear it for more then 5 min before the irritation start.  I know I am not allergic to latex, I tried to wipe down/clean the buds with no help.  I also have the Jabra Active 75T, Bose Quiet Comfort with no issue at all.   I purchase this buds because this allow me either wear either the right or left earbud unlike the other manufacture. 

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

@userdwnG3hL2Pn I have received your private message and will follow up with you there. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user3CKdeti9XD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Prior to getting the Buds Pro, I used the Iconx earbuds with no problems.   I purchased these when I bought the Galaxy S21+ in January.     Most recently, I have noticed every time I wear them, within an hour of taking them out, my right ear is extremely itchy and red and within a day, there was an infection.   I thought at first something scratched my ear canal so I waited until the scab healed and the itching stopped.    I tried them again after a week and half and within an hour of taking them out, my ear is red and itchy.    I never had any issues with an allergy with the Iconx.    I want to like the Bud Pros but it's not worth the pain I experience for days after wearing.

userSCC6V8JAk0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Glad im not the only one having this problem first time i used my buds pro thought i may have ear infection or something so took them out after about 20mins didnt use for about a week and used again same again 20min ear hot swollen itchy leaking fluid doctors said ear infection just had a week of antibiotics all good so tonight thought id use ear buds and nope 20 mins out they came ears are once again swollen hot ect. Never had any problems with any other type of ear bud or head set exept these will be looking else where now 

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I would like to forward your case to our specialized team so they can reach out directly and assist your further. Could you please provide me with the following information to do so in a private message? http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

Full Name:
Complete Physical Address:
Contact Phone Number:
Email Address:

I will also need the full model code and the serial number from the bottom of the charging cradle of the buds?

Photos of Symptom:

0 Likes
user3CKdeti9XD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I sent a private message with all of the information.  Hopefully we can resolve this issue because the earbuds cannot be worn.

0 Likes
userAfhrSLIpvt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same issue.  Over a hundred posts, in multiple threads, of people with allergic reactions to these earbuds.  Support keeps saying "contact us we will help".  NOT ONE consumer has replied that samsung has fixed their issue.  Sounds like a serious material defect with these, with no solution from Samsung insight.  Buyer beware.

userp9ONpqhjG5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same issue. Galaxy buds pro. Been using them and now developed itchy ears, crusty, lots of clear yellow fluid discharge.  This is a serious health issue and i am very concerned now.<edit>

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I would like to forward your case to our specialized team so they can reach out directly and assist your further. Could you please provide me with the following information to do so in a private message? http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

Full Name:
Complete Physical Address:
Contact Phone Number:
Email Address:

I will also need the full model code and the serial number from the bottom of the charging cradle of the buds?

0 Likes