JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 05-16-2021 12:01 PM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please send a private message with the below information so we may look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
tykeefe51
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
So I too have been having adverse reactions after wearing my Galaxy buds pro.  After wearing them about an hour later I get very itchy ears and then they start oozing for another couple days as well as continue to itch.  At first I thought it was just an ear infection.  After visiting the doctor and getting some ear drops and two weeks later my ears were fine again.  

I then decided to use the earbuds again so first I cleaned them with alcohol to make them sterile. But after wearing them for only 30 minutes I had the same reaction as before. Tried it one more time later to see if it really was the earbuds and yep again a problem! 

Reached out to Samsung Support and they said I have had them too long and can't return them and there is nothing they can do for me! Seriously!! This IS A PROBLEM! There are hundreds of people having the same issues! Why is there no recall??? I just want to wear headphones that don't make me want to rip my ears off afterwards because of itching! Can you help Samsung or will this have to be the end of our relationship? 
Keefer1989
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Same!!! I have been having the worst issues and it just occured to me today that it may be from my headphones. I've owned several brands of wireless bud headphones. Two generations of Samsung ones (plus and now pro) and the pros have been causing the worst issues ever. Drainage, bleeding from itching, swelling, and currently an ear infection that has affected my hearing.
kazzaw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have been having the same issue, as have many people. I have worn tonnes of buds previously without issue, but even wearing these buds for  10 minutes really has an impact. I've also had to receive medical attention due to issues with itching, swelling and in infection. 

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

@Keefer1989 and @kazzaw I am sorry to hear about your experience! Please send a private message with the model code and the serial number of the earbuds so I may look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

I would like to look into this issue further for you. Can you send me a private message using this link here? ( http://bit.ly/2HP0oRi) Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • Serial number
0 Likes
tykeefe51
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
UPDATE: Samsung is going to look further into my case and is sending to evaluate my earbuds. Hopefully they can fix them so others don't have the same issue!
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Good morning! I just wanted to check in to see if you are still in need of assistance?

0 Likes
user4SuhnR3liy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Yes! I am a fan of Samsung products, and recently (May 16) purchased a pair of Galaxy buds pro. I wore them for about 2 hours while doing some things around the house, and when I removed, them, I had a burning, itching sensation that was very uncomfortable. Later that evening, I notice that in addition to the irritation, the inside of my ear canals were wet. The itching continued for 2 days, and then they started to dry, but not in a good way. My ear canals were coated with a dry crust, similar to how other mucus membranes react to an allergen (think crusty nostrils... sorry for the graphic description, but it's accurate.)  

After about a week, my ears returned to normal. I switched to using my "ear can" headphones and everything seemed to be back to normal... until today. (June 1.) I decided to wear my Galaxy ear buds pro while mowing the lawn, and an hour later... you guessed it... I had to remove them due to irritation and itch. Now, I sit here writing this with itchy, irritated, and now wet ear canals that are literally dripping fluid. This is definitely a result of the ear buds! The reaction both times was instantaneous. Note: I have no other allergic ear/nose/throat issues. The only two times in my adult life (I am 57 years old) that I have ever had this issue is after wearing these earbuds for an hour.

Samsung... you need to fix this issue. 

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. If you're experiencing this or similar symptoms please reach out to our support team directly: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo 

Can you please provide us with the following information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number from the bottom of the charging cradle:

0 Likes