JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 05-21-2021 10:17 PM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
Theronkep
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Thanks bro. Well I literally just had this epiphany and googled my problem, which led me to your post! I saw in one post an admin leave a link to fill out some info to give to Samsung. So I just submitted that and am waiting to see what happens. But thankfully your post confirmed my hunch!! I have an extended warranty on my buds. So I'm not worried about that. I'm more worried about the lost time from work, suffering and now being in the middle of my second ear infection. Thanks for your concern. I'm waiting for a reply to see what the next step will be. Did you reach out to Samsung?
userSd7Lov2dsA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
there is a forum thread about this problem. here is what Samsung wants you to do

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Buds/Galaxy-Buds-Pro-tips-allergic-reaction/td-p/1727228
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

I certainly understand how concerning this is. As the solution in the thread provided by @userSd7Lov2dsA states, if you are experiencing these symptoms, please send a private message with the following information: http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number from the bottom of the charging cradle:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userL3k8g3blB4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

This is crazy! In a world of covid you wake up in the middle of the night to 2 itchy swollen ears canals and fluid leaking out, ya think your dying. Ringing that drowned out planes. Itching, swelling, shedding amd ringing in my ears lasted a couple weeks as I waited for my doctors appointment. 

By the time I got there swelling and puss subsided and ringing was very on and off "maybe it was swimmers ear" the doctor tells me.

Finally after another two weeks I was normal. I was able to get back to my Galaxy Buds whos sound I missed. Used it 1 time today for a 35 minute phone and a 10 minutes of youtube and retired to bed. 30 minutes later a familiar and unstoppable itch began. Sure enough the same symptoms of itching and swelling are happening in both ears. Fluid is beginning to take place. WHAT IS GOING ON SAMSUNG. Are you poisoning me? My first set was great no problem (and I still have them). For sure there is something wrong with these Buds. I want to have them analyzing.  I hope this does not do any permanent damage to my ears. I would love to know why, and like I said. My first set doesnt effect me. These phantoms clear have something wrong. Im not looking for a refund. Im looking for an explanation if you can provide one.

userv97fuubi4P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Laytex allergy?
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for that information. I see you are in a private messages. Please continue responding to the private message.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userL3k8g3blB4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Negative, there something off with these earbuds, Im not the only one either. Samsung has to know buy now what is causing this. I have had other ear buds in the past no problem. I also wear latex daily. And work with silicone often. 

0 Likes
user61zQM95xtY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
I've experienced thus very ussue and Samsung has continued to ignore me and the community doesn't even acknowledge it. I get the same standard reply even though I ask specific questions when emailing so no use there and the community just tells me to sell them and buy something else. I know I am not the only one who has this reaction and there's something in the buds that is causing this. All I want to know is what they are made of because I do have a nickel allergy but if there's no nickel then obviously I am allergic to something else in the buds.
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I see you are in private message with us. Please know that if you are responding to the e-mail, we are unable to see the response as it's a do not reply e-mail address. You would need to log back into the community for us to see any responses to your private messages. I would be happy to assist you further, please follow up in private message.

0 Likes
userL3k8g3blB4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Correct, its where I was directed 

0 Likes