JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 06-01-2021 02:17 PM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Good morning! I just wanted to check in to see if you are still in need of assistance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user4SuhnR3liy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

This is frustrating and concerning! I wore my Galaxy buds pro (purchased May 16) for an hour and had to remove them due to itching/burning sensation followed by wet fluid discharge, and eventually drying/crusting/irritation in my ear canal. After a few weeks using "over the ear" headphones, things cleared up, and today (June 1) I wore the ear bud pros for the second time for an hour while doing yardwork... and you guessed it... I'm sitting here with itchy, burning, wet ears, literally "dripping" fluid. This is a major problem (and health risk.) This needs to be addressed and resolved.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey, just wanted to follow up. Are you still needing further assistance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userh4o4MdorSy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Posted my topic and then noticed this conversation going as well.  I am having the same problems, and it honestly caused partial hearing loss for several days due to the swelling, fluid, and inflammation in the ear canal.  Never had an issue with any ear bud like this before.  It is rather concerning.  

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. If you're experiencing this or similar symptoms please reach out to our support team directly: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo 

Can you please provide us with the following information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number from the bottom of the charging cradle:

0 Likes
userh4o4MdorSy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Pretty much like the title states.  I received the Buds Pro along with my S21 pre-order.  Shortly after I had started using them I started to have ear irritation.  That progressed into much worse infections, swelling, fluid, and scaling in the ear.  The combination of all of that resulted in short term partial hearing loss.  This has obviously become a frustration point, so I started digging and found out that I am not the only person that has had this issue.

What have people done to resolve / replace the issues with these rather dangerous little ear buds?

chdafo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
This is alarming! I just got the pros with my new laptop.😳😡🥺
userh4o4MdorSy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hopefully they resolved the issue with the pair that you get.  Reading around online, it appears that the buds pro have been doing this to a lot of people, and even on here there is a very long thread of people stating they have the same issues (before it was locked).  I have half a dozen pairs of corded buds and never had any issues with those, so rather disappointed by these and the damage to my inner ear. 

Hopefully get some sort of a response at some point....

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

I understand how concerning this is. I would like to get this over to our specialized team so they may look into this further. Please send a private message with the following information: http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:
Model Code of the earbuds:
Serial number of the earbuds from the bottom of the charging cradle:

0 Likes
BigDaddyDavis74
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
I have been experiencing the same issues with my Galaxy Buds Pro. Had to stop using them because of the irritation and flaking in my ear.