JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 06-06-2021 03:35 PM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
BigDaddyDavis74
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
This information should have been stated in the earlier responses as many people seem to be suffering from this issue.
0 Likes
Hahnski
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello,

I have had to stop using my Buds Pro for this same reason.

Like most people, I did not associate the problem with the Buds Pro. I just assumed I had a problem from something else.

The first time it happened, I let my ears recover - it took about 5 days for it dry up and all the flaky bits came away.

Once my ear canals felt normal (not itchy and not wet), I went back to using the Buds Pro. Within an hour of using them my ears were itchy and weeping fluid. This is when I became suspicious of the Buds Live being the cause.

I did some searching and found this forum. My ears are now on the mend and would like a resolution to the problem - please advise.

Thank you,

Hahnski

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating this must be and I would be happy to assist you further.  If you're experiencing this or similar symptoms please reach out to our support team directly: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo 

Can you please provide us with the following information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number from the bottom of the charging cradle:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userqo5tSbxJ06
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
I have experienced that same thing! My doctor thought I was exaggerating.I tried using eardrops and a suction bulb to end it, but when I wear the PRO earbuds it starts the fluid in my ears and they get very itchy.
0 Likes
RandomUsedMem
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I too have the same issue. I've never had ear infections in my life and now have pain and hearing loss. I quit using the earbuds but still have fluid and other issues from the infection.  I have sent my info to Samsung but have not heard anything back. 
This issue is not "solved" why is this thread marked as such?

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

@RandomUsedMem I understand how concerning this is. The solution marked is requesting the necessary information to have our specialized team assist you, as they are the only team with the necessary resources. Since speaking with this team is necessary to resolve the issue, the solved post is accurate. We did receive your private message and have already responded to you there.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userMYKRKBMhpI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I traded in my buds plus and boy do I regret it. The buds pro are causing ear irritation in both ears. So for me, the problem has not been resolved and I intend to reach our to Samsung support for assistance.

0 Likes
userv1V2o7NjEi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I got my Buds PRO about two month ago.

After I use these, my ears start to itching and now my ears are running.

this experience is terrible and I go to hospital for care.

I want to get return of this.

0 Likes
medMaster
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Don't share your pods, clean daily, clean ears daily to prevent ear infections
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

@userv1V2o7NjEi I understand how concerning this is. I would like to have our specialized team look into this for you. Please send a private message with the following information: http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:
Model Code of the earbuds:
Serial number of the earbuds from the bottom of the charging cradle:

0 Likes