JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 06-10-2021 03:22 PM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
userdfpX8y1HDA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
In other words, practice good hygiene and take them out once in awhile.
0 Likes
userEQDte9fuUn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Like many others who have posted I too suffered allergic reactions from using the product.  Dr. prescribed topical antibiotic w/ steroid to reduce symptoms not knowing if it was due to ear infection or use of ear buds. After symptoms subsided I tried earbuds again and had identical reaction hours from use. 

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

I understand how concerning this is. I see that we are currently speaking with you in private messages. We will continue to follow up with you there.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

limitedediition
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I recently just came off an ear infection that I suspected was from a common cold (even though it's summer in the US right now), but I'm beginning to believe that it's the earbuds that are causing this reaction. I spend a week with runny ears (fluid discharge coming from both ears) and eventually as the fluid dried, a crusty coating in my ear canal. It took about a week for it to heal up and clear up. During that time I did not put on any earbuds because I was afraid the liquid would damage them. I just put my Buds Pro back on yesterday, and I'm beginning to get fluid discharge from both of my ears again, so I'm certain that it's from an allergic reaction from these buds.

I see on the forums that I'm not the only one with this issue, so there's clearly something going on with the materials used for these buds as I've used the Buds+ before with no issues as well as Apple earPods and have not encountered any fluid discharge. I enjoy these earbuds a lot when I was using them, so I would like to see if there's any way to stop this from happening.

Humaidr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Yes, the same thing here. I got an infection because of wearing the Galaxy Buds Pro. I went to the doctor, I was informed that I got an infection on both ears. I got treated, and been applying some kind of a cream inside the ear canal for around 45 days. After that I tried the Buds Pro again, and the same thing happened. Now, I stopped using them. I went through another closed topic of the same. I didn't see any official response from Samsung addressing the matter. 

BigHustle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
I replaced the silicone ear tips with memory foam tips I got from Amazon. That solved the problem for me.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

I understand how concerning this could be and I would like to get this over to our specialized team so they may look into this further. Please send a private message with the following information: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:
Model Code of the earbuds:
The serial number of the earbuds from the bottom of the charging cradle:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Aceyofspacey
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I am having currently the same issue I thought I cut my ear or I was wearing it too much I even stopped wearing the buds for a month and wore them again recently just for my ear to get messed up again. I know its not the silicone ear tips because I wore the prior ear bus and other brand ear buds just fine so it has to be the housing. This **bleep** because I LOVE these ear buds so much
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

@Aceyofspacey I understand how concerning this is. I would like to have our specialized look into this further for you. Please send a private message with the following information. http://bit.ly/2XERsky 

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:
Model Code of the earbuds:
Serial number of the earbuds from the bottom of the charging cradle:

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Good morning @Aceyofspacey, I just wanted to follow up with you to see if you are still in need of assistance.

0 Likes