JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 06-29-2021 12:50 PM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
Oreosuit
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
That's technically not even possible. I wouldn't leave them near coins, car keys or unclean surfaces. Also use a sanitizer to clean them out. I'm afraid you've to see a physician to clean your ears every so often.
Letta0307
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
This actually happened to me and I had to send my back and that was on June 7th I haven't heard anything back from them so I will call again later on today! So I suggest you get in contact with support and start the process of returning them and seeing what you're next steps are.
Mimi568
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
I had the same reaction wearing the ear buds. Itchy inside ear canal, pain then oozing of liquid followed by a dry crust of skin and not being able to hear. I did send them back to Samsung and that was a nightmare...communication was far and few between..did not get answers of why or what was going on. Someone wrote back "Unfortunately our engineers do not provide us with full reports regarding evaluation. They only advise if able to offer an accommodation".
I thought that was VERY STRANGE. In order to get a refund I would have to send in picture and medical info..now by this point I was losing patience because I was not getting any answers. I had them send back earbuds which took awhile to track down. Very frustrating with whole process
userDdt12EBLU2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Sorry to hear that. It seems dead end. Definitely, a good reason to not use Samsung products anymore. Let's see what is my experience with them.

Thanks for the response.

0 Likes
Mimi568
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
I hope you get better results! I admit I really liked the sound quality of the buds I am going to try some foam tips from Amazon and see if it helps...if not my friend just gifted me apple air pods which are pretty sweet too...
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing and would be happy to assist you further. If you're experiencing this or similar symptoms please reach out to our support team directly: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo Also, if you have previous submitted this information and are still experiencing these symptoms, can you please provide us with your ticket number in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Can you please provide us with the following information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number from the bottom of the charging cradle:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
nagawasha1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have tried several times to use my Galaxy ear buds. Each time, no matter what I have tried I end up with fluid draining from my ears. The drainage usually lasts several days. The fluid from the ears has been clear until this last attempt to wear them. I woke with drainage from the ears visible on my pillow that was light red in color. I have read that others have had similar issues. Any attention that can be given to this matter would be greatly appreciated. 

gavlar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

A month ago I had been using my hear bud Pro for about a hour, but had to take them out because me ears became very itchy. The next day my ears where so itchy and was leak so much clear fluid. 

I went to the doctors they said they couldn't even see my ear drums they was that swollen, so I got put on antibiotics. Not think what could of caused this. 

After about 2 weeks because ears was fine and healthy again. 

While at work I was wearing my ear bud again. Then 12 hours later my years where leaking so much fluid again and was so itchy. 

Then I realised this only happening when I was wear the ear buds pro's. 

I am now booked In with the doctors once again because my ears are a mess and I never suffer with my ears in the past. 

Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
There is another comment on community from a member with the same ear buds who ended up with itchy and swollen and leaking ears. Off to the doctor she went. Same symptoms. Some people are permanently allergic and one the symptoms went away on their own. I don't know what they're made with.
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. If you're experiencing this or similar symptoms please reach out to our support team directly: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo 

Can you please provide us with the following information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number from the bottom of the charging cradle:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes