JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 07-08-2021 11:35 AM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
userS5M2vOlHpA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello.  Several weeks ago I filed a claim because my Samsung Pro earbuds were causing me ear infections.  The person that submitted the claim sent me a box and I mailed my earbuds along with the medical report showing I clearly had an ear infection. To date I haven't received any news about my claim.  Please advise next steps.  

Thank you 

Toijuana

ray-cha-ell
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Do you look at your buds and see that they need cleaning just like everything else that is used over and over again?
0 Likes
useriSZHNjZR4B
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same happened to me. I'm still calling the help line but keep getting nowhere...

Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds
You need to contact Samsung directly if a Rep doesn't reply to you here.
0 Likes
userTzcGdNPpIs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi,

I have experienced allergic reaction upon wearing the Buds Pro - within an hour of taking them off, my ear canals itch and have clear fluid dripping out, then yellow scab formed. I have had this reaction only after wearing the buds Pro. As much as I love them it would not be wise to keep using them. Is there any support from Samsung in this regard? I do see other people having the same problem.

Thank you!

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. If you're experiencing this or similar symptoms please reach out to our support team directly: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo 

Can you please provide us with the following information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number from the bottom of the charging cradle:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usere0NZHVnkmB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have been developing severe irritation in my outer ear canals recently after using my Galaxy Buds pro.  The severe irritation includes redness, fluid discharge and scabbing.  I visited my doctor and was prescribed an ear drop to help heal my ears.  The drops worked (I also stopped using any earbuds) and within 10 days my ears were somewhat normal.  I took the precaution of thoroughly wiping down my buds pro with sterilized alcohol pads, but when I used the earbuds again, briefly, the irritation returned within a half-hour.  I visited the doctor again, got another prescription and went through the healing process again, figuring that I would take even more time off of wearing any earbuds.  Then I came across the message boards filled with people having the same exact issue.  What is Samsung doing about this?  It's frustrating to have gone through this discomfort, as well as expense of both money and time, when it's very apparent that this has been happening to a lot of other people.  Again, what is Samsung doing about this? 

0 Likes
Al42
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I've also had the same issue. Within a week of using the buds I developed ear eczema and was prescribed topical ointment.  My doctor thinks the issue is skin irritation from the oval shaped long tips. Using them less and or one at a time is the only way I can avoid my ears breaking out again. Recently I've had to send my Buds Pro in for repair and have been using my old Buds +. My ears have been perfectly fine since the switch; I am convinced the Buds Pro's ear tips are causing these ear issues in some users. I wish I could send them back for even a partial refund honestly. 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. If you're experiencing this or similar symptoms please reach out to our support team directly: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo 

Can you please provide us with the following information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number from the bottom of the charging cradle:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Al42
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I originally purchased the Galaxy Buds Pro direct from Samsung, after feeling discomfort while wearing them I sent them back. I went and re-watched some reviews and thought "Maybe I was just wearing them wrong."

A little over a week of using the buds I developed ear eczema and was prescribed topical ointment. I thought it was a coincidence and continued using them after my symptoms cleared up. Now I am almost certain these Buds cause sever irritation and were/are the cause of my eczema. Unfortunately the second pair I got from BestBuy and the return window has closed.

Using them less and or one at a time to give my ear time to rest is the only way I can avoid my ears breaking out again. Recently I've had to send my Buds Pro in for repair and have been using my old Buds +. My ears have been perfectly fine since the switch; I am convinced the Buds Pro's ear tips are causing these ear issues in some users. Mainly due to the wide oval and flat shape of the tips being harsher on the ear canal than normal rounded tips or wider than other oval tips like the ones on Bose's and Apple's earbuds.