cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Buds - Right earbud battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also bought mine through Amazon. Did you ended up getting them replaced through Amazon? If so, what was your process?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus right ear drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Both buds were fully charged in the case. I was using them for about an hour and the right earbud stops working. I placed them back into the case and the right ear shows no battery while the left ear had 97%. So I closed the lid and 
checked them after 2 minutes. The right ear now shows 96%. 
What is going on? 
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus right ear drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I am sorry you have tried all the troubleshooting steps to get this issue solved with your buds and the problem is still re-occurring.

My suggestion is to call 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-726-7864). Once you call them, try to reach a representative and have the valid proof of purchase handy and the serial number of the device. Let them know you want to mail in the buds for service and they will email you a UPS shipping label and give you the proper instructions on how to do this process. It typically takes 7-14 business days for you to receive them back. The serial number and the proof of purchase is typically what is needed as long as the device was purchased less than a year ago. They should be able to give you replacement buds once this process is fulfilled.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Highlighted
Constellation

Right Galaxy Buds+ Ear bud drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

So I just bought the Galaxy Buds+ a couple of days ago (on Mar. 6th to be exact) and I noticed that the right earbud significantly drains faster than the left. Is this a known issue or is it just the unit I purchased? I've attached screenshots of this from two different days/times of use. It sounds great and all, very happy with the sound quality. Although it glitched for a second the other day too. It was weird. Anyway thanks for any help you can offer. Mar. 9Mar. 9

Mar. 11Mar. 11

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Right Galaxy Buds+ Ear bud drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I am sorry you have tried all the troubleshooting steps to get this issue solved with your buds and the problem is still re-occurring. The issue is a hardware problem.

My suggestion is to call 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-726-7864). Once you call them, try to reach a representative and have the valid proof of purchase handy and the serial number of the device. Let them know you want to mail in the buds for service and they will email you a UPS shipping label and give you the proper instructions on how to do this process. It typically takes 7-14 business days for you to receive them back. The serial number and the proof of purchase is typically what is needed as long as the device was purchased less than a year ago. They should be able to give you replacement buds once this process is fulfilled.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Right Galaxy Buds+ Ear bud drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @usergHMdFSW3nr 

So this isn't an issue per say. Each bud has a separate battery which produces separate sounds (L+R earphones have different audio tracks for stereo sound, therefore one could require more power than the other).

Also, one bud acts as the 'master' bud which connects to the phone, and one acts as the 'slave' which connects to the master. This is why on external devices, the buds show as one device. Whichever bud is assigned as "master" will use more power as it has to connect to the phone and the other bud, where as the slave bud only has to connect to the master, if that makes sense to you.

I hope this bit of info helps you in any way. Have a good one.

Highlighted

Right Galaxy Bud Drains Way Faster Then The Left Bud

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my galaxy buds for a while. I usually barely drain the batter to 50% Then out of nowhere one night my right earbud was draining way way faster than the left one. The Left earbud would be at 80% while the other at 15%. This happened out of nowhere and it also happends if I use it on my windows laptop or any other device 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Right Galaxy Bud Drains Way Faster Then The Left Bud

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

First, let's check for updates to the app or software used to update the buds.

After you have confirmed that your device is updated to the latest software, try updating either the Galaxy Wearable app or the PC Manager software.

- Galaxy Wearable: Open the app, and navigate to and tap About Galaxy Wearable or About Samsung Gear app. Then, tap Update.

- Galaxy Buds Manager when using Galaxy Buds: Open the app, select About PC program, and then select Update.

Next, try resetting the buds and see if that helps any.

- Make sure that your Galaxy Buds is fully charged. Be sure to charge it using the charging case for at least 10 minutes.
- On your phone, open the Galaxy Wearable app.
- Scroll down and tap About earbuds.
- Tap Reset earbuds.
- Tap Reset to confirm.

If you are still experiencing the same symptoms, I would recommend collecting some additional information in a private message so I can further look into this. http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

Model Number:

Serial Number:

Image Copy of Proof of Purchase:

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup did everything and still nothing:/

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I am sorry you have tried all the troubleshooting steps to get this issue solved with your buds and the problem is still re-occurring.