cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Buds - Right earbud battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm too the point now where my left ear bud unusable. 45 minutes and it's dead. What is the solution to this problem? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there!

I would be happy to look into your concerns.

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've sent you a message twice.... Do you have any updates on how to solve the battery drain? Yesterday I charged the buds until the light on the case was green, I put my ear buds in and was listening to an audiobook, one hour later my left ear bud was dead. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apparently there are many people with this issue of one ear bud's battery dying faster than the other.

My right bud dies much quicker than the left.  I charge the set overnight.  Both batteries end up at 100%.  When I used them, right one dies and actually shuts off.  The left is still at 85% battery.  So I use only the left one until the right one fully charges again.  Then I have stereo for a while until the right one dies again.

<rant>

I go through the tech support.  I go through the reset a couple of times but there is no solution.  According to Azeem, the tech support agent, because I have an international version, there is nothing he can do.  He also add "if I could do something I would have done so."

From the posts in this forum, it looks like every solution has been dealt with privately.  So are we all supposed to start a new complaint thread and then give a private message for whatever the solution is?

</rant>

when I checked the buds, I get the following which explains why the right bud is dying quicker.

[L ADC CURRENT]: -7.697630 mA

[R ADC CURRENT]: -10.707748 mA

The right bud is consuming 50% more current than the left one.  I supposed that the right battery should last 2/3 the duration of left.  But this doesn't explain the quite a difference I'm seeing.  What I experience is that the right bud lasts less than 2 hours where as the left lasts more than 8 hours.

So there appears to be some inherent issue with the design.

Highlighted
Constellation

Left bud battery drains twice as fast as right bud.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My left bud drains very fast, if the left one is empty I can still listen like 5 hours with the right bud. I don't know why it is happening but it is really annoying. I hope someone can help me.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, have you got your problem solved?

This is what happens to my right earbud 2 minutes upon using. I couldn't even listen to one song with it.

z2150223010505_70283dbc870dacfaffbf5361c9d1cdab.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPl29ft0lSg Thanks for reaching out. With the battery draining so quickly and only one earbud connecting, generally, service is recommended. For service options, please send a private message with the full model code and the serial number.http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having exactly the same issue - have had my Buds for a number of months with no issues at all and was very happy with them but now they are almost unusable as the RH isde bud will not charge fully and discharges quickly from overnight charge (will only reach 5 % anyway). I have tried resetting via Wearlables app with no difference

The fact that so many of us are having exactly the same issue points to an issue here Samsung - I look forward to your earliest response

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

did you get any feedback on this? i need a solution too T.T

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNoV4VBj6D9 wrote:

did you get any feedback on this? i need a solution too T.T

I also have the same problem. I too need a solution!