JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds - Right earbud battery drain

(Topic created on: 11/18/19 1:29 AM)
userhDUvGnzRGq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I've been using my Galaxy Buds for about 3 weeks now and this sudden problem started to occur. I could leave my buds at 100%, inside the charging case over the night, and when I wake up to check on them, my right earbud has completely drained while my left earbud is still at 100%. Same while using them, my right earbud seem to drain alot faster than my left one, the right one can suddenly be at 70 - 65% while my left earbud sits at 95%. 

Is there a fix for this at all? Has anyone else encountered this problem?

100 Replies
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Have you already tried resetting the buds? Will you please send a private message with the model code and serial number of your buds? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Samthetechieman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Recently, my right Galaxy earbud has been losing its charge even while in the case. I'll plug the case in to charge, even charge it wirelessly. Once I stop charging it and come back some time later to use them, the Galaxy wear app will tell me the battery for it is less than fully charged, sometimes even dead.

0 Likes
usertV27m6ho1s
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I've had my buds for almost a month. I wear 1 bud at a time during work and I noticed that the right bud dies faster then the left bud. Usually each bud would last my entire 8 hour shift, but the right bud dies after 3 to 4 hours. Also whenever I keep it in its case the battery continues to drain on the bud. This leads to the case being drained and the right bud still draining until it dies. The left bud is fine and is always at full charge when I take it out of the case even after the case is drained. 

SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello there, we've currently got the buds draining at different speeds escalated to our specialty team once we hear back from them we shall update the boards publicly. In the mean time I can look into this further for you if you would send me a private message with your full model code and serial number from the back of the charging cradle. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userorg8gKXZoz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same issue after latest update a week ago. Has the problem been solved yet or not?

0 Likes
userLOJ3L2W7c6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same issue but my right earbud will not last more than 1-2 minutes.  I need to replace.  What is the process?

0 Likes
Samsung_PsPHD2E
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Just happened to me as well. Left bud was at 45 and right was at 15 percent despite both being at 100 when putting them on

0 Likes
userXHaXMlhCU6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I brought it 2 days ago and the same happended with mine. 

0 Likes
userv74OUxsiV5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi there. Did youbever get a solution to this problem? 

0 Likes
Samsung_6x1Zkha
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I recently purchased galaxy gala, and I noticed that my right bud dies faster than my left by quite a bit. Is there a reason for this? And is there anything I can do?

0 Likes